oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I guess you could bring it back to that and say that both statements could be true but I suspect after they went down they were pretty keen. I certainly don't think there's any way Marcus Maddison had absolutely zero interest up until just recently. He probably just wanted more than what he was getting.

Yeah think Charlton have wanted him for a while, they've probably approached him since he's a free agent and he's thought of them as a "back-up". He's then seemingly waited for any other clubs higher up the chain to come calling, none have, so he's gone to Charlton.

20 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Hello chums, i haven’t been on much recently so I’m out of the loop with current ongoing. What’s the latest?

Nowt the recruitment team has gone on a Warnock fishing trip

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Do think it's funny that Maddison has been going on like he's the world's least wanted footballer and now Charlton/Bowyer are going on like it's been something they've been trying to do for ages. Sounds to me more like Maddison was hoping for Championship nibbles and got sod all.

Maybe Charlton couldn’t offer him a contract before the club was finally taken over a week or so ago, so he’s not actually had anything he could accept. 

But can we get Neco Williams on loan please. Looks like a very good talent at RB for Liverpool but with their players he’s not going to get many minutes. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Borodane said:

But can we get Neco Williams on loan please. Looks like a very good talent at RB for Liverpool but with their players he’s not going to get many minutes. 

He's their reserve RB, love to have him but no chance.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Maybe Charlton couldn’t offer him a contract before the club was finally taken over a week or so ago, so he’s not actually had anything he could accept. 

Also a fair point, I'd still be really shocked if he's had no interest at all other than Charlton really. It's maybe worth pointing out Charlton had made a signing before that and spent some money, though only on one signing. Since the new owners were confirmed they've signed another 2, both on free transfers, Maddison and Ben Watson, both players who may expect a bit more in wages so you could be right.

26 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We can finally shut up about Marcus *** Maddison

I don’t think that’s the case. In fact it’s more likely that we sign him now. 
Going by Boro’s transfer business over the last few seasons we wouldn’t touch him when he’s on a free, but now he’s got a club I would expect a £4 million transfer fee and a 6 year contract offer any day now 

Warnock confirms he no longer looking for a 4th striker but more a no.10 in the Patrick Roberts mould.

Also enquired about a unnamed centre back on loan.

Asked about 3 or 4 players and is hopeful of adding 1 or 2 before 16th Oct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1