oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Just now, Brunners said:

I honestly think he goes back to the 433 with Roberts coming in, although even then I don't know how you fit them all in unless Akpom plays as one of the wider forwards.

I think he has in the past? Not sure, but I'll be very glad to see it. Just dreading the thought of johnson deeper at left back, thats going to be the cause of many a goal against this season.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Neverbefore said:

I think he has in the past? Not sure, but I'll be very glad to see it. Just dreading the thought of johnson deeper at left back, thats going to be the cause of many a goal against this season.

Especially if Fry winds up back at LCB. Fry & Johnson on the left is a recipe for disaster. 

1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

I dont think tav is a must starter. He hasnt shown anything to warrant that in my opinion 

I think the other signing were after will be a left back then we can either play 352. 433. 4231. 

Take tav out of the team and replace him with roberts and were back to square one with only one creative player on the pitch. We need both.

1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

I dont think tav is a must starter. He hasnt shown anything to warrant that in my opinion 

I think the other signing were after will be a left back then we can either play 352. 433. 4231

Tav ended last season Under Warnock strongly, I’d agree though he’s been very quiet so far this season. 

Great news on Roberts 

4 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I think the other signing were after will be a left back then we can either play 352. 433. 4231. 

in a 433 you could put Tav in midfield with Morsy and Howson, with Roberts competing with Akpom and Fletch for the 2 poisitons eitherside of Britt

theres a few combinations we could try, no guarantee they would work though

Just now, BoroBoy1989 said:

Tav ended last season Under Warnock strongly, I’d agree though he’s been very quiet so far this season. 

Great news on Roberts 

Tav had Roberts on the pitch with him for most of those final few games. Getting Roberts back may well free Tav up a bit as he's no longer our only creative source.

• Like 1

Take tav out of the team and replace him with roberts and were back to square one with only one creative player on the pitch. We need both.

Tav always looks busy but its very rarely he creates anything imo. I would prefer 433 personally and play them both but i just wouldnt have tav down as a regular starter 

I'm not convinced we do need them both on the pitch, certainly not at all times. I think the 3-4-1-2 can still work and offer us something a bit different with Roberts operating behind the strikers. But honestly, just knowing that, if this does go through, we can change the system up a bit to accommodate them both is a good thing.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

in a 433 you could put Tav in midfield with Morsy and Howson, with Roberts competing with Akpom and Fletch for the 2 poisitons eitherside of Britt

theres a few combinations we could try, no guarantee they would work though

Yeh id be happy with that. Tav as a mezzala. Definatly need another left back like. I would like one that can also play CB aswell. Especially if were playing with a 4 at the back. All 4 need to be solid. Djicksteel on the right. 

It’s interesting the way the window is panning out. For a change the clubs seem to have a bit of power - the closer it gets to the deadline then players and agents asking top buck will start to sweat a bit - I wonder what deal Maddison finally got at Charlton after a couple of months without a job? I think it really could be a mad scramble next week when players left out of PL squads + free agents are suddenly faced with the prospect of being out in the cold. The lad we’ve been trying to get from Europe that Warnock talks about - go back Monday before the deadline, one last chance on our terms, take it or leave it? 

Tbd Howson Sav and Morsy all offer that industry you maybe need in our formation so they will be interchangeable.

I think Tav n Roberts will be rotated too. Roberts is a bit more twinkle toed so to speak and can unlock a tight defence and win free kicks. I hope.