oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Not sure he is what we need. Does not release the ball early enough, shooting is poor, bit of a dicky dancer. We certainly need something but whether its him we shall see.

As you say, we do need something different. We are fishing in a small pond and he is probably the best available with what we can afford. If fit he can be a 10 or wide player so can give options for formations. We do need players in. 

Is it actually official or just a journalist speculating?! Seems to have happened quickly after Warnock’s press conference yesterday. I’d love to know who this player from abroad is as well, I guess we’ve given him and his club a clear deadline for a decision now. 

Could we keep the current formation and play morsy, Tav and Roberts in the middle? McNair can help from the back. We’d probably get overrun though. But I can’t see us playing with just one striker after paying good money for Akpom and according to transfermarkt he’s only played a handful of games on the wing. I suppose we could find a LB and go 4-3-1-2. That would be best for me. Roberts behind Britt and Akpom with Tav, McNair and Morsy in midfield. 

1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

Is it actually official or just a journalist speculating?! Seems to have happened quickly after Warnock’s press conference yesterday. I’d love to know who this player from abroad is as well, I guess we’ve given him and his club a clear deadline for a decision now. 

Seems more concrete than just speculation 

• Like 1

Just been watching our u21's game against Leeds, its interesting that our u21 side plays how we would hope our first team would. Lots of pace on the wings and full backs, with really good link up in midfield. The finishing hasnt been great but they look very effective on the break with Isiah Jones and Romarn Burrell

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Just been watching our u21's game against Leeds, its interesting that our u21 side plays how we would hope our first team would. Lots of pace on the wings and full backs, with really good link up in midfield. The finishing hasnt been great but they look very effective on the break with Isiah Jones and Romarn Burrell

Im watching it. Jones look dangerous going forward. Plenty of pace but i dont think ive seen him pass a ball to our player. Seems to struggle making a six yard pass 

Just now, Mfcdanny said:

Im watching it. Jones look dangerous going forward. Plenty of pace but i dont think ive seen him pass a ball to our player. Seems to struggle making a six yard pass 

Also our defence look really solid 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Boroinredcar said:

Not sure he is what we need. Does not release the ball early enough, shooting is poor, bit of a dicky dancer. We certainly need something but whether its him we shall see.

Aye I reckon we need more Pulis style plodders with absolutely zero flair.

2 hours ago, SA Red said:

I thought Roberts looked great when he first arrived, but when he came back after his injury with the team struggling, he looked like the only one likely to create, but was maybe trying a little too hard.

Coming back in now, without the pressure of an end of season relegation battle, I think we might just see him at his best.

You could be correct here because the last thing we want to see is a creative player who becomes far too selfish and blows away any advantage gained with some of his mazy runs. Thankfully we will have players who can keep up with him and offer support and options.

Am pleased about the news and hope to see the very best from PR

1 hour ago, Boroinredcar said:

Understand what you are thinking but for me I am sure he is what we need as long as he becomes a team player essentially.

Yes we will see wasted chances from him, it is his nature but the only goal he scored for us came about becuase he could do nothing else but shoot, if we get more first time and earlier shots when he has created space then we could see a really good asset to the team