oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd not heard that clip from Warnock before, sounds like he's wanting to ship Marcus Browne out on loan again.

Yeah I was surprised by that discussion from Warnock that him and Browne don’t really fully know his best position in this team and preferably, he would be out on loan again to play a full season. 

Did say he has been impressed by him as well and if he can slot him in with Browne being happy with a new position he might be decent  

Guess it depends who comes in but he remarked it will be a very last minute call, not sure if he actually said January at the very end but not 100%. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I thought the same about Browne. He’s always played in midfield hasn’t he? Either out wide or through the middle but Warnock seems to see him more as a forward? It’s a shame for Browne because I think he could be very good for us. 

• Like 1

It’s brilliant news regarding Roberts. I’m assuming that is why Warnock has publicly stated that he is open to Browne leaving on loan. I’m sure Roberts signing imminently indicates that the 4-3-3 formation is going to be the template now, so we may be looking for another winger and a more solid left back. That’s in addition to us clearly needing another CB too.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18768530.patrick-roberts-rejoining-middlesbrough-loan-man-city/

"It will just give us something different. I thought he had some good games for us last season, and I thought he had some mediocre games too. The thing is, he’s not going anywhere else.  I think Manchester City have made that clear to him, so once many again, it’s up to me to get the best out of him.  He might not start every game, but we’ve got so many games coming up and we only had 18 players today so we are very thin."

Christ, it doesn't sound like he was overjoyed at the possibility of coming back 😄

20 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08t94bp

Mentions roberts then pauses and says "probably another one as well"

He does sound confident there but in the Gazette piece he says there's no other deals close 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-citys-patrick-roberts-verge-19044001

And he says that he wants Roberts to play behind the striker (not strikers) in the 3-5-2 formation

39 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

He does sound confident there but in the Gazette piece he says there's no other deals close 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-citys-patrick-roberts-verge-19044001

And he says that he wants Roberts to play behind the striker (not strikers) in the 3-5-2 formation

Hmm. Maybe when he was talking about the other signing he meant before the domestic window closes?

Sounds like we wont be seeing Tav central very much he said he thinks he's better with a line by the side of him guess he's a wingback option now?

He's not wrong on Roberts' consistency he had some very mediocre games for us but he's different than what we have and off a striker he could be deadly.

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Sounds like we wont be seeing Tav central very much he said he thinks he's better with a line by the side of him guess he's a wingback option now?

He's not wrong on Roberts' consistency he had some very mediocre games for us but he's different than what we have and off a striker he could be deadly.

I actually agree with him on tav. We've seen a lot of him now and a couple of previous managers have said his best position is in the centre but I think his best and most effective games for us have been wide. He's a winger imo. Not convinced of him in a right wingback role though, its going to give dijksteel a LOT of work to do.

Just noticed Stoj was back on bench ahead of Pears. Think Pears been on bench for last 3 games. Could be tactical now Stoj fit or Pears could be maybe be off?