oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

I thought the same about Browne. He’s always played in midfield hasn’t he? Either out wide or through the middle but Warnock seems to see him more as a forward? It’s a shame for Browne because I think he could be very good for us. 

Totally agree here. I honestly feel that he could be very useful as a pro active sub coming on just to gee things up a bit. Would prefer him to stay

• Like 1

I wonder if we've totally given up on the signing from abroad or if Warnock's comments were meant to add a bit of pressure.  If that's the case and it worked then we should be getting some news/links about it later today.

1 minute ago, Hendrie_7 said:

I wonder if we've totally given up on the signing from abroad or if Warnock's comments were meant to add a bit of pressure.  If that's the case and it worked then we should be getting some news/links about it later today.

Well we only have until tomorrow night to sign from abroad so imagine so  

"But we've got to look after ourselves at the minute. We need Marcus at the moment, and a lot could depend on who we bring into the club."

That's an interesting Warnock quote I picked up on, he doesn't seem to be thinking of Roberts as a Browne replacement as he's basically done. The question I have is what position is viewed as a Browne replacement in the squad for Warnock?

My guess is he still wants a 4th striker since that's where he's played Browne but I have no idea I can't see it being a CB or defender coming in that he's talking about before he lets Browne go.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

"But we've got to look after ourselves at the minute. We need Marcus at the moment, and a lot could depend on who we bring into the club."

That's an interesting Warnock quote I picked up on, he doesn't seem to be thinking of Roberts as a Browne replacement as he's basically done. The question I have is what position is viewed as a Browne replacement in the squad for Warnock?

My guess is he still wants a 4th striker since that's where he's played Browne but I have no idea I can't see it being a CB or defender coming in that he's talking about before he lets Browne go.

That does make sense really. As you say, he has played him as a forward, but acknowledging that he does not really know what his position is. I know Sanogo failed his medical. The rumour being due to fitness. I have a gut feeling we might revisit that deal if fitness was the issue rather than something ‘medical’. I envisage a scenario where we have told him to get fit, show us you are hungry and want the move then we will offer you something. I havent seen any rumours where his agent may be touting him elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

Well he said he’s going to play Roberts in a front 2 didn’t he. I think it’s a defender we will bring in, probably mokoudi.

I wonder if we look at some wing backs. He said yesterday that he was disappointed in Spence & Johnson the last two games hence the changes. I can’t see Bola being first choice and Tav RWB is a big no for me. 

Also a strange comment from Warnock on Coulson. He said he sees him as a No10 (I think), I did say to my mate when he came he came on he looked like he was playing through the middle, maybe Warnock sees his pace and determination most effective down the middle.

20 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Max Kilman starting for Wolves today, can probably scratch that one off.

Might make Buur more likely though?

Buur is on the bench as well though; so he could still be in their plans?

• Like 1