oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I wonder if we look at some wing backs. He said yesterday that he was disappointed in Spence & Johnson the last two games hence the changes. I can’t see Bola being first choice and Tav RWB is a big no for me. 

Also a strange comment from Warnock on Coulson. He said he sees him as a No10 (I think), I did say to my mate when he came he came on he looked like he was playing through the middle, maybe Warnock sees his pace and determination most effective down the middle.

He said having wtched him in training he did consider playing Coulson in the hole, but when Coulson told him he'd never played there in his life before, he thought it too much of a risk.

So yeah, it does sound a little like he sees him more as a 10.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

He said having wtched him in training he did consider playing Coulson in the hole, but when Coulson told him he'd never played there in his life before, he thought it too much of a risk.

I would like to see Warnock give Coulson a chance at LWB, under Woodgate he was brilliant getting forward and beating his man, something that Johnson and Bola lack. It’s strange because I think this is what Warnock wants, aggressive full backs 

• Like 1

Coulson was really good going forward but defensively he was awful, I'd say even worse than MJ. He used to give away stupid freekicks all the time by diving in and also had a habit of being caught on his blindside.

15 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Just noticed Stoj was back on bench ahead of Pears. Think Pears been on bench for last 3 games. Could be tactical now Stoj fit or Pears could be maybe be off?

rumour was Stoj had covid and took awhile to fully get over it..

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Coulson was really good going forward but defensively he was awful, I'd say even worse than MJ. He used to give away stupid freekicks all the time by diving in and also had a habit of being caught on his blindside.

Yeh teams used to target  that side when he played. Used to just bomb up all the time. 

20 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I agree, however Coulson is streets ahead of MJ & Bola going forward, it’s getting the balance right for me. Problem with all 3 is that they don’t pull up any trees defensively and that’s a worry.

I also think we might be after wing back(s) Is that when quizzed on Roberts a few weeks ago he played it down saying I’d need to buy 2 defensive wing backs to do that. Maybe now he’s realised that he needs new wing backs anyway and can now accommodate Roberts. Just a theory. 

7 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I agree, however Coulson is streets ahead of MJ & Bola going forward, it’s getting the balance right for me. Problem with all 3 is that they don’t pull up any trees defensively and that’s a worry.

I also think we might be after wing back(s) Is that when quizzed on Roberts a few weeks ago he played it down saying I’d need to buy 2 defensive wing backs to do that. Maybe now he’s realised that he needs new wing backs anyway and can now accommodate Roberts. Just a theory. 

With so many games coming up it's good to have options. I feel that the squad players will get much more game time than previous seasons

• Like 2

bola and tav played wide was far better than having johnson and spence, they boys just give the ball away and cant cross for toffee. bola although not great was still workmanlike and was in the right position most of the time. you can see he lacks confidence though. i bet a few games under his belt he be the better option over johnson by some way.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Brunners said:

In the hole instead of whom?

55 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Oh yeah I know, I was just posing the question.

If I had to guess, it would replace one of the strikers, which is I think how he plans on using Roberts.