oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

In my opinion this just creates another problem rather than solving the one mentioned in the previous post. If the efl crack down on the boom or bust tactics of the championship, the clubs going up will be far less prepared to take on the big guns in the premier league and 9 times out of 10 will come straight back down again. Add to that the contract clauses scenario and they become far less attractive to play for for new signings as their wages could get cut massively in 12 months time. How do they then compete with established sides?

Any reform has to come from the top down, not the other way around. And while the TV money exists as it does for premier league sides, nothing is changing any time soon.

Promoted sides rarely survive by changing vast amount of players anyway, I think it just puts more faith in football league and existing players rather than doing a Fulham every few years. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Anthony Vickers has lost the plot since getting axed by the gazette

I'm just so bored now.  I've actually started writing my own weekly newspaper, Anth on Sunday, so keep an eye out for it in the shops 👍

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Ha ha couldn't agree more. The same people who think Dijksteel is now a CB after only 3 decent performances. 

Square pegs in round holes... Absolutely sick of it. We have done it for years

Didn't do us much harm playing Friend or Clayton out of position, plenty of players change positions in their careers

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This Roberts thing is taking a while.  Do you think it's possible that we're trying to sort another deal out as well, before announcing them both?  

I wouldn't give us this much credit.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This Roberts thing is taking a while.  Do you think it's possible that we're trying to sort another deal out as well, before announcing them both?  

don't think there is any rush on the paperwork as long he's here for the next training session.  it's only a loan so we have to the 16th

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

don't think there is any rush on the paperwork as long he's here for the next training session.  it's only a loan so we have to the 16th

Yeah it wasn't so much about hurrying, it's just that the news broke on Saturday didn't it, so you'd assume that it would be further along.  Could just be all of the medical stuff of course.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Yeah it wasn't so much about hurrying, it's just that the news broke on Saturday didn't it, so you'd assume that it would be further along.  Could just be all of the medical stuff of course.

could be. don't know if Roberts has played any games since he left

42 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Ha ha couldn't agree more. The same people who think Dijksteel is now a CB after only 3 decent performances. 

Kind of disagree about Dijksteel I mean he was a failing DM before bowyer tried him at rb where he was a revelation for them and a similar thing has happened here. He’s basically playing a hybrid of the 2 roles in the right of a 3 cb role do not in a totally alien position to him.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Somebody has actually reported me 😀

First of all, I'm sorry if anybody was offended by me posting this emoji 🖕.  I hadn't realised that an emoji like this 🖕 could really be seen as offensive, because of it's cartoon-like nature.  As a rule, I don't take the emojis that seriously, and when posting this 🖕it's not meant to be taken at face value.  I have a brusque manner on here sometimes but it's mostly just an act, and such things as posting this 🖕 are meant only in a joking way.  Secondly, giving Will the bird is actually allowed under Magna Carta, and if anything it should be encouraged.

And so, in conclusion 🖕🖕🖕

mr rogers childhood GIF by Cheezburger

27 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Didn't do us much harm playing Friend or Clayton out of position, plenty of players change positions in their careers

Friend said a recent interview that he was actually signed as a CB, but got moved to left back either due to injury or a sale, I can't remember which.

55 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Dijksteel is a RCB in a 3, he's not a CB in the sense that you'd whack him in a back 4 and be happy with it. He's a CDM that got moved to RB due to his athleticism and has about one full season of experience there too, so it could be argued that he doesn't necessarily have his best position nailed down yet. As mentioned by @LinoJo3 the RCB probably actually suits him because it's the blend of DM and RB.

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Friend said a recent interview that he was actually signed as a CB, but got moved to left back either due to injury or a sale, I can't remember which.

Dijksteel is a RCB in a 3, he's not a CB in the sense that you'd whack him in a back 4 and be happy with it. He's a CDM that got moved to RB due to his athleticism and has about one full season of experience there too, so it could be argued that he doesn't necessarily have his best position nailed down yet. As mentioned by @LinoJo3 the RCB probably actually suits him because it's the blend of DM and RB.

"Bielsa has often converted midfielders into versatile defenders, and a prime example of this was the 2010 World Cup. He used Waldo Ponce as a dominant central defender and slotted two quick defensive-minded midfielders either side of him in Gonzalo Jara and Gary Medel."

So, Roberts. Not done yet?

+1? Any rumours?

Not that I think we should be busting a nut to bring in a ton, but all v quiet this evening for transfer deadline day... Are the club just better at keeping it under wraps? Or is our business done?

ITK's... Where you all hiding?

59 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Somebody has actually reported me 😀

First of all, I'm sorry if anybody was offended by me posting this emoji 🖕.  I hadn't realised that an emoji like this 🖕 could really be seen as offensive, because of it's cartoon-like nature.  As a rule, I don't take the emojis that seriously, and when posting this 🖕it's not meant to be taken at face value.  I have a brusque manner on here sometimes but it's mostly just an act, and such things as posting this 🖕 are meant only in a joking way.  Secondly, giving Will the bird is actually allowed under Magna Carta, and if anything it should be encouraged.

And so, in conclusion 🖕🖕🖕

Sorry... I did it as a laugh 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1