oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, 2plus2 said:

So, Roberts. Not done yet?

+1? Any rumours?

Not that I think we should be busting a nut to bring in a ton, but all v quiet this evening for transfer deadline day... Are the club just better at keeping it under wraps? Or is our business done?

It's not deadline day for us.

The domestic window doesn't shut till the 16th.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Tobermory said:

"Bielsa has often converted midfielders into versatile defenders, and a prime example of this was the 2010 World Cup. He used Waldo Ponce as a dominant central defender and slotted two quick defensive-minded midfielders either side of him in Gonzalo Jara and Gary Medel."

Didn't Germany wallop Argentina at that world cup though?

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Didn't Germany wallop Argentina at that world cup though?

Yes you're right.  Argentina won their first 4 games then got beat by Germany, that obviously means the system they played was wrong.  My mistake. 

Just now, Tobermory said:

Yes you're right.  Argentina won their first 4 games then got beat by Germany, that obviously means the system they played was wrong.  My mistake. 

Lol, I wasn't saying that.  I'm just saying they got battered against a good side with that same way of playing.  I doubt it makes any difference to us either way.

Just now, macapes said:

Not sure how this impacts on Bielsa's management of Chile at that world cup.

Wasn't he the Argentina manager then?  In that case Mr Tobermory, it is my mistake sir.  Please disregard my posts above 👍

Just now, DurhamRed said:

I'm sure we will announce Roberts tonight just for a sky sports deadline day buzz 

Might just announce him tomorrow now?  If we were trying to get someone else in from abroad then that would need to be done tonight but I suppose Roberts can be concluded whenever.

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm sure we will announce Roberts tonight just for a sky sports deadline day buzz 

What like a worst best kept secret.  A bit like when it’s your birthday and family you don’t see often turn up at the house, all dressed up pretending nothing is happening for a surprise birthday party.. oh shock never expected that....