oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I would be totally buzzing if we somehow managed to get Saliba. Even if it is until January. I follow Arsenal a fair bit so watched clips of him in a anticipation of him coming to Arsenal and he really does look a class act.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Transfer window opens in 2 and a half months, I doubt they'll loan him out to a championship side when he can easily get in a top flight side in a couple of months 

Do they not want him to play for the next 2.5 months like?

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

They can only send him to EFL clubs I believe.

However, hes got a lot of hype about him so I imagine the majority of the league will be petitioning to secure him if he's actually available.

When loaning players out to championship teams I don’t think club size or promotion prospects really affect much. It’s all about game time in his correct position, stability of environment  and the managers plans for the player.

Best example of this is Maitland-Niles went to Ipswich and flourished while Nkethia went to Leeds and barely got a game. 

I always think we miss a trick with the loan market specially as a team on a tight budget. If we dedicate ourselves to getting in 2 or 3 loans every season and really developing them as players we’d be a very attractive proposition for the top loan options.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

When loaning players out to championship teams I don’t think club size or promotion prospects really affect much. It’s all about game time in his correct position, stability of environment  and the managers plans for the player.

Best example of this is Maitland-Niles went to Ipswich and flourished while Nkethia went to Leeds and barely got a game. 

I always think we miss a trick with the loan market specially as a team on a tight budget. If we dedicate ourselves to getting in 2 or 3 loans every season and really developing them as players we’d be a very attractive proposition for the top loan options.

I'm not sure loans are always cheap to do now with Premier league teams wanting loan fees. I think that's our problem. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Loans aren't always as cheap as people think, loan fee, wages, agents fees they all add up

• Like 1

Maybe the PL will attempt to 'help' the minnows below their exalted goldfish bowl by making larger contributions to the wages of players they send out on loan. After all, it's hardly an act of philanthropy sending a player on loan - the parent club wants to see if they improve. 

8 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

i'm not usually ITK about things but I have mate who is really hooked up with Chelsea, who messaged me randomly and asked if we were after a LB...

going to try and get a name

Bit optimistic but could it be baba Rahman? Been loaned out every season since 2016 and I don’t think any foreign teams can take him now? He is injured at the minute though I think, not sure if it’s a long term one.

25 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Did I say loans were cheap?

You just suggested loans as a good strategy for a team on a tight budget, this is fine as long if the loans are cheap (but many aren't). 

31 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

i'm not usually ITK about things but I have mate who is really hooked up with Chelsea, who messaged me randomly and asked if we were after a LB...

going to try and get a name

Juan Castillo by any chance?

17 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:
21 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Bit optimistic but could it be baba Rahman? Been loaned out every season since 2016 and I don’t think any foreign teams can take him now? He is injured at the minute though I think, not sure if it’s a long term one.

Arent Leeds after him?

Transfers between PL clubs are not allowed until January.