oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Where is length of Fletchers injury disclosed please? 

We will clearly need to get someone in given amount of games in short space. Just Britt n Akpom will lead to one of them being injured if over-used.

Interesting 7 days ahead

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Where is length of Fletchers injury disclosed please? 

We will clearly need to get someone in given amount of games in short space. Just Britt n Akpom will lead to one of them being injured if over-used.

Interesting 7 days ahead

He said "a few months" on a now-deleted Instagram post.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Yeah I’m not saying he’s been bad, he’s been decent. But don’t think he’s done enough in the two games for people to be saying he’s a ‘definite’ upgrade on Fletcher. Based on what?

Oh sorry i misread that.

I dont think he is an upgrade on Fletcher either just a different type of striker. I actually think all of three of our strikers are pretty much on the same level. 

I think potentially Akpom and either Fletcher/Britt is our best pairing moving forward as i think Fletcher and Britt are more similar players. 

• Like 1

We should go for Barnsley Woodrow as he must want to leave Barnsley they are rubbish, then their board may be open to selling to fund some of their own transfers. As based on how they played at the Riverside they are heading for league 1

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We should go for Barnsley Woodrow as he must want to leave Barnsley they are rubbish, then their board may be open to selling to fund some of their own transfers. As based on how they played at the Riverside they are heading for league 1

Woodrow hasn’t scored a league goal for his last 14 games played, I imagine he’s not high on confidence right now. 

There’s a tidy player in there, but I think if we’re getting another striker now it’s more likely to be a loan than splashing 1 million plus on Woodrow 

Edit (besides the penalty last Saturday of course) 

41 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Woodrow hasn’t scored a league goal for his last 14 games played, I imagine he’s not high on confidence right now. 

There’s a tidy player in there, but I think if we’re getting another striker now it’s more likely to be a loan than splashing 1 million plus on Woodrow 

Edit (besides the penalty last Saturday of course) 

To be fair to the lad I doubt he get's many chances at Barnsley to score. 

Just to relieve some Friday evening boredom i drew up a list of possible players we could look at for centre back and striker before fridays deadline:-

CENTRE BACK

1.       William Saliba (Arsenal) Amibtious but worth asking the question for a loan until Jan

2.       Ryan Bennett (Wolves)

3.       Filip Benkovic (Leicester)

4.       Nathanial Phillips (Liverpool)

5.       Ciaran Clark (Newcastle)

STRIKER (Now Fletcher is out)

1.       Kenneth Zohore (WBA)

2.       Charlie Austin (WBA)

3.      Michael  Obafemi (Southampton)

4.       Jermain Defoe (Rangers) 38yrs old but maybe a short term loan now he 4th choice at Rangers and omitted from they Europa league squad

5.       Connor Wickham (Palace)

• Like 1

Zohore looks increasingly likely. Won’t get a minute at wba and theyd probably accept a lesser wage contribution shortly. No one is going to buy him or pay full whack. 

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Fletcher post might be removed, cause other clubs shouldnt smell our desperation, so they could demand silly fees... 

Its a bit late now its been all over the net haha. I reckon he did it so no one else would come in and challenge for his place long term 😂