oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker inĀ Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then šŸ˜‚).

Posted Images

I have to say, as someone who does not rate Fletcher at all and think that Britt is wasted as a player to lead the lineĀ this isĀ a blessingĀ if it forces the clubĀ to add a physical type up top. After basing most of our recent successes on a strong defence I do understand people saying we need a CB, and in a normal season I would say ok, but we have been amongst the lowest scorers for what seems like years and if we only have leeway for one more after Roberts I am all in with a centre forward.

3 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Just to relieve some Friday evening boredom i drew up a list of possible players we could look at for centre back and striker before fridays deadline:-

CENTRE BACK

1.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  William Saliba (Arsenal)Ā Amibtious but worth asking the question for a loan until Jan

2.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Ryan Bennett (Wolves)

3.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Filip Benkovic (Leicester)

4.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Nathanial Phillips (Liverpool)

5.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Ciaran Clark (Newcastle)

STRIKER (Now Fletcher is out)

1.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Kenneth Zohore (WBA)

2.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Charlie Austin (WBA)

3.Ā  Ā  Ā  MichaelĀ  Obafemi (Southampton)

4.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Jermain Defoe (Rangers)Ā 38yrs old but maybe a short term loan now he 4th choice at Rangers and omitted from they Europa league squad

5.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Connor Wickham (Palace)

Well if obafemi wants to nail a spot in the Ireland side he's going to have to learn how to play in a team that doesn't play football, so may as well be us!

• Haha 2

I think it says volumes about the free agents we let go over the summer and where they have ended up since. All of them were on big money hereĀ probably on a combined Ā£100k a week here.

- Clayton and Friend - KarankaĀ signings

- Ayala - Blackburn - Mowbray signed him for Boro

- Shotton and Gestede still out thereĀ 

None of those moves are steps forward. Without Karanka being at Brum, who knows where Clayton would have ended up and I think Friend would have stayed here.Ā 

Ayala left under a cloud thinking he was going to Leeds and he's gone to an in-form but not top end team.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, boksicdink said:

I think it says volumes about the free agents we let go over the summer and where they have ended up since. All of them were on big money hereĀ probably on a combined Ā£100k a week here.

- Clayton and Friend - KarankaĀ signings

- Ayala - Blackburn - Mowbray signed him for Boro

- Shotton and Gestede still out thereĀ 

None of those moves are steps forward. Without Karanka being at Brum, who knows where Clayton would have ended up and I think Friend would have stayed here.Ā 

Ayala left under a cloud thinking he was going to Leeds and he's gone to an in-form but not top end team.Ā 

Ā 

To be fair, they're all 30+ (Ayala's 30 next month), and I don't think any of them left here thinking they'd find something bigger and better, except maybe him. It was probably more to do with long term security or better wages than we could offer.Ā 

If they were all still free agents, Ayala and Shotton would both be useful additions to our current squad.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tom said:

To be fair, they're all 30+ (Ayala's 30 next month), and I don't think any of them left here thinking they'd find something bigger and better, except maybe him. It was probably more to do with long term security or better wages than we could offer.Ā 

If they were all still free agents, Ayala and Shotton would both be useful additions to our current squad.

I may be wrong but I cannot recall any of our current squad of players attracting attention from PL clubs or top end Championship clubs. Says it all really as to the quality of player that previous managers have left us with

• Like 1