oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

He didn't come across great in the 10 mins he was in that documentary, but the whole thing was heavily edited to make Jose and Levy look good so who knows.

He'd be the best LB in the division though, I know that much. Can't see it, but can always hope. 

Or if he's willing to take a pay cut to be the first name on the team sheet, back in the North, and playing for a manager who'll put an arm around him and make him feel wanted?

Plus, he'd be competing against Marvin Johnson for a place in the starting XI each week, and all professional sportspeople love a challenge.

He said last year that he wouldn't leave Tottenham before his contract runs out.

I think part of that will be because of the wages, I'd be surprised to see him taking a pay cut, and wouldn't expect him to.

At the same time though, that was under a different Tottenham manager who he had a better relationship with.

If he's not included in the 25 man Spurs squad then with one year remaining on his contract his employment is constructively terminated. I know that it doesn't quite work that way in football but it is possible that he and his agent agree a termination package on his remaining 8 months (caveat being away from a Premiership competitor) which then allows Danny to look elsewhere and to lower expectations in terms of remuneration for a three year deal. 

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part but if he wants to get back up North then its as good a club as any to seek a Merson type fresh challenge at this stage of his career. 

15 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Plus, he'd be competing against Marvin Johnson for a place in the starting XI each week, and all professional sportspeople love a challenge.

I heard Roberto Carlos has a picture of Marvin Johnson as his screensaver 

I might be in minority but I dont want Danny Rose. We have a young LWB in Hayden Coulson who has shown enough last season that i think he can be very good at this level.

Yes he 100% has areas of his game he needs to work on but it will be a huge shame if our management team cannot work on them weaknesses and harness that potential to the next level. 

My hope is in next few weeks he breaks in to team and stays there. He seems ideal as a LWB for me

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I might be in minority but I dont want Danny Rose. We have a young LWB in Hayden Coulson who has shown enough last season that i think he can be very good at this level.

Yes he 100% has areas of his game he needs to work on but it will be a huge shame if our management team cannot work on them weaknesses and harness that potential to the next level. 

My hope is in next few weeks he breaks in to team and stays there. He seems ideal as a LWB for me

Rose is a left back though, rather than a wing back. We don't have a competent left back which has been really constricting us to the largely ineffectual (or at least horrible to watch) formation we've been playing. This signing would allow us to be a better brand of football, more flexible with formations and he has a lot of quality. It makes a lot of sense to me. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Rose is a left back though, rather than a wing back. We don't have a competent left back which has been really constricting us to the largely ineffectual (or at least horrible to watch) formation we've been playing. This signing would allow us to be a better brand of football, more flexible with formations and he has a lot of quality. It makes a lot of sense to me. 

Rose would probably be the best LB, WB and LW at the club if he signs

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

right the first 11 picks itself if we sign him.

dijksteel fry paddy rose

tav morsey howson

roberts britt akpom

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

right the first 11 picks itself if we sign him.

dijksteel fry paddy rose

tav morsey howson

roberts britt akpom

I'm not sure about paddy in a centre back two -his best qualities over the last couple of weeks have been taking the ball out and pushing us forward. If he does that in a 2 well be ruined if we lose the ball. Maybe him in place of the mostly ineffectual howson and Hall in at centre back. 

• Like 2