oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I do find it a little mad that we're after a left-back when we have 3 on the books. We've got 2 right-backs and one of them we're pretty insistent is more of a centre-back right now. It really doesn't look good on any of the options we have on the left and also begs the question why we gave Johnson a new contract and the #3 shirt, clearly the intention was to have him as our first choice left-back/left-wing-back. That being said, I'm not gonna complain about getting a short-term upgrade on Johnson in that area right now if he's gonna refuse to play Coulson there.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I do find it a little mad that we're after a left-back when we have 3 on the books. We've got 2 right-backs and one of them we're pretty insistent is more of a centre-back right now. It really doesn't look good on any of the options we have on the left and also begs the question why we gave Johnson a new contract and the #3 shirt, clearly the intention was to have him as our first choice left-back/left-wing-back. That being said, I'm not gonna complain about getting a short-term upgrade on Johnson in that area right now if he's gonna refuse to play Coulson there.

I hope you arent including Marvin Johnson as an actual LB!?

I also dont think numbers have the significance they once did.

Didn't Warnock say he wanted Coulson to play as a #10, and didn't he come on up front a couple of weeks back? That means he's not going to be considered for LB, so Rose's arrival would hardly push Coulson down the pecking order.

FWIW, I think we've got as much chance of signing Axl Rose as Danny Rose, so don't cry if we're flogging a dead horse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
24 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm not sure about paddy in a centre back two -his best qualities over the last couple of weeks have been taking the ball out and pushing us forward. If he does that in a 2 well be ruined if we lose the ball. Maybe him in place of the mostly ineffectual howson and Hall in at centre back. 

halls injured mate, who else we putting in? lol

10 minutes ago, Brick_Tamland said:

I think we'll end up playing Karanka's formation of 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 with Saville and Morsy in central midfield with a front four of Fletcher/Tav, Britt, and Akpom with Roberts in behind in the role Tomlin played for us. 

i'd like roberts there like. the 3 behind tav roberts and fletch or akpom, even coulson. better than the *** we playing now with wingbacks.

24 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I hope you arent including Marvin Johnson as an actual LB!?

I also dont think numbers have the significance they once did.

He's been playing left-back, he got a new contract after exclusively playing left-back for Warnock, he got given the #3 shirt, what further proof do you need that Warnock sees him as a left-back?

If we sign Rose I'm sure one of either Coulson or Bola will be leaving.

The games are coming thick and fast now and we need the strength in depth. We already have Hall and Fletcher out. A couple more injuries to first teamers and we'll be playing the kids.

14 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He's been playing left-back, he got a new contract after exclusively playing left-back for Warnock, he got given the #3 shirt, what further proof do you need that Warnock sees him as a left-back?

I think Warnock sees him as a stop gap LB especially considering the other options were Friend and Coulson last season and as soon as we get an actual LB, he won't be playing there again or considered there again. 

The fact that he has already probably already lost his place to Bola and we are trying for Rahman and Rose tells you that the Johnson LB experiment is over. 

If we used your argument, Warnock sees Howson as a defender because he played there during the lockdown and has contract extension triggered based off of his performances at the back. 

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Plus, he'd be competing against Marvin Johnson for a place in the starting XI each week, and all professional sportspeople love a challenge.

🤣😄

Am I really seeing people turn their noses up at Danny Rose? It was only a few years back he was deemed the best left-back in the country and Man City were bidding upwards of 40m for him. I must say I can’t see it happening but come on, he’s country miles better than anything we have and probably better than most in the league.

• Like 6

Am i the only fan that wouldn't be bothered if coulson got sold on. He seems to me to be inbetween 2 positions and i think that's how warnock must see him. I dont think hes good enough to play leftback becasue he looks very poor defensivly. And i dont he is creative enough to be an out and out winger. Id of thought wingback would be ideal but warnock clearly dosnt fancy him and if thats the case so be it. Hes experienced enough to know whats needed to get out of this league. Then again i dont think the other 2 left backs are good enough so would love to see another one come in.