oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

He didn’t really, he just chose a different club at the time, which could have been for any number of reasons. 

I do remember one of reasons was because Birminghan was closer to liverpool and thus less upheaval for his younger family. 

I am sceptical of what he can produce but idea of him and Roberts on either flank cutting in is appealing. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Reading behind lines based SG quotes I will be surprised if we get anything of worth come deadline tomorrow. SG is quite annoyed the top six takeover bid fell through, so annoyed he went public which is something we have not seen even when we have been twitching bum scrapping survival mode. it’s obvious we are broke and desperate for income but there again with COVID who is not. 
I can harp back decades when the fan on the street stated transfers and salaries were extortionate and unsustainable but they continued to spiral. Not long ago Trever Francis caused a storm, the first million pound player, 1979. By 1989 Chris waddle was sold for £4.25 million and by 2009 Man U sold Ronaldo for £80 million. In 2018 Liverpool topped that selling Philippe Coutinho for £105 million. Is it any wonder clubs are going bust while the fans are pumped for more cash.. it’s like feeding pigs strawberries. Of course the FA rubbed there hands with glee appointed more board members taking huge take home pay and even hung £1million art work in there corridors to show off there power. Screw the fans, they did. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I am sceptical of what he can produce but idea of him and Roberts on either flank cutting in is appealing. 

This litteraly we will finally have an attack to be feared. 

12 minutes ago, Duvel said:

He chose Villa because they were closer to home, paid more money and are a far bigger club. Rather than come here and play under Pulis. 

Exactly. I have no idea why people get a chip on their shoulder over a player with no connection to the club turning us down. Especially when it’s for perfectly valid reasons

• Like 1

I think what it is more than anything is that it's just bringing up the frustration of that window again. It wasn't Bolasie's fault but he is a reminder that we never signed a winger that we needed in order to have a good season with Pulis. We'd just lost Traore, one of the brightest young players we've ever seen pull on a shirt at the height of his Boro career and we never replaced him. Instead, when we were trying to bring him in, we brought in Besic and Saville.

We know we could do worse than signing Bolasie, even if he wasn't that good for Villa (apart from the game he played against us, if memory serves me right), we can do worse by simply not signing a winger when we need them. Here's hoping if it comes off, he can get a few people off their (living room) seats.

• Like 1

Would be happy if we managed to get Rahman, though I'd feel a bit for Bola as he didn't do much wrong against Barnsley.

But I suppose he's injury prone enough that we'll probably have a rotating left back anyway. 

I wonder if this is a further indication of warnock wanting to change to a 4231? He mentioned coulson playing as a 10 recently which was unusual since we don't play one - bolasie is best known as a left winger but has played a substantial part of his career as a forward/support striker. If we sign him and a left back then I think that's what we might see rather than a 433