oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

The only thing i dont getvis if were after bolasie then why is browne staying. He was struggling to get a look in when we were on bare bones. Then we sign roberts and bolasie....he dosnt stand a chance 

But Browne stepped up when called upon, and I think NW really appreciates that kind of thing. We’ll still be pretty short of players and I think with more coaching there’s a lot to come from Browne, especially if his attitude is good. 

• Like 2
Just now, scotty189 said:

Love deadline day, day off work so will be refreshing every 5 seconds, hope we manage to get these two in 😁 utfb

Im at work mate but ill still be refreshing every 5 seconds 😂

If we sign two today it's been a good window, I'd say, as long as one is Rahman.

Not gone overboard like Forest, but have filled most of the trouble spots in the squad. I'd say the only potential hole is CB but Wood may step up and that's only an issue if injuries take their toll.

1 hour ago, BelgianBoro said:

Anyone else wondering if this is all simply a case of Chinese whispers? 
The other morning, NW arrived at training with a small cut on his chin....

Marvin: « Is that a cut on your chin boss ? »

NW “Yeah, a nick. *turning round to look for his first choice left back, Mark* Bola, see if you can find me a plaster”

so... Yeah, nick, Bola see ... becomes Yanick Bolasie

Gave you a like because that attempt was awful!😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, mj south said:

If we went back to a back 4 which looks possible if Rahman and Bolasie sign, what would be our best CB pairing? Dijksteel and McNair?

We'd surely be playing Dijksteel at right back if we went to a back four, maybe even McNair. 

Spence isn't a great defender, Tavernier isn't even a defender. 

2 minutes ago, mj south said:

If we went back to a back 4 which looks possible if Rahman and Bolasie sign, what would be our best CB pairing? Dijksteel and McNair?

I'd have Fry right and McNair left. Hall as backup with Dijksteel and hopefully a new guy full backs. Fry looks 200% better on the right side and McNairs pace and comfort on the ball makes him the ideal partner imo. Just haven't been convinced by Hall but I guess hes a option depending on what team we are playing.

My only concern would be Mcnairs willingness to make that his position though. I always get the vibe he spits his dummy out a bit being asked to play in defence.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Chelsea left-back Baba Rahman's loan to Middlesbrough has hit a hitch. 

Watford are also interested and will try to hijack the deal before Friday's domestic deadline.

Small line from the Mail article last night about Moses going to Russia 

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Being reported by the Merseyside reporter for the Times now.

Paul Joyce is basically gospel for Merseyside transfer stuff.

• Like 1

Cant argue with Robert's and Bolasie. Weve been crying out for someone with a bit of flair even if it doesnt always come off. These two will definitely make us easier to watch. UTB