oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Brunners said:
59 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Also I'm baffled at how much business Sheffield Wednesday seem to be doing.

They've not long confirmed Marriott on loan.

They're getting Flint on loan too.

I suspect that Chansiri have probably sold the Leppings Lane Stand at Hillsborough to Derby for a fiver who then installed ten new 60w light bulbs, had it revalued as a "potential" Concert Arena now worth £50m, rented it back to the Owls at 50p a month and then split the £50m difference with £25m each hence allowing plenty of wiggle room for new signings while still meeting the EFL Financial requirements.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Sheffield Wednesday are buying survival that in the long run will lead to another points deduction unless they stay up and get promoted next season. 

I'm not so sure, haven't they got all the money from the stadium sale available to them at this moment in time. I thought the reason they got deducted points was because they tried to include the stadium sale in the wrong year to try to escape punishment but it was already too late and didn't count towards FFP measures. I think the stadium sale is now on their books and that's how and why they're able to spend now.

Just now, Foogle said:

I'm not so sure, haven't they got all the money from the stadium sale available to them at this moment in time. I thought the reason they got deducted points was because they tried to include the stadium sale in the wrong year to try to escape punishment but it was already too late and didn't count towards FFP measures. I think the stadium sale is now on their books and that's how and why they're able to spend now.

Yeah in short term they have that pot of money they are now spending but in long run pushes up costs that inturn goes into next period. It's unsustainable. 

8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah in short term they have that pot of money they are now spending but in long run pushes up costs that inturn goes into next period. It's unsustainable. 

They are now eight points from safety and fourteen points from the Play Offs which they probably figure they can make this season if they put a run together at some point.

Why is it everything happens in the last half hour of the deadline or even deals announced after the deadline that were clinched just in time before the clock struck five!

Exasperating, frustrating and annoying all at the same time. Surely if Bolasie as an example is coming here then he has had at least a few days to think about it and for all parties to get things sorted, same in reverse goes for Pears etc. At least under lockdown we know they can't go down the Pub.