oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I don't really get the need for a 4th choice striker when we need a first choice left back.  I mean, I get the wanting cover but if you have limited resources then you should use them where the need is greatest.  We have three first team strikers, a couple of young lads, and the likes of Browne, Roberts, Tav who could play behind a single striker.

I agree. Lb should be absolute priority. I don’t really care about getting another striker in, but if we are sticking to 352, then we probably do need one. 

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't really get the need for a 4th choice striker when we need a first choice left back.  I mean, I get the wanting cover but if you have limited resources then you should use them where the need is greatest.  We have three first team strikers, a couple of young lads, and the likes of Browne, Roberts, Tav who could play behind a single striker.

Agree 100% with this. We have multiple options for a front 3. Either one attacking midfielder behind two forwards or two attacking midfielders behind one striker.

For me the focus should be else where.

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I agree. Lb should be absolute priority. I don’t really care about getting another striker in, but if we are sticking to 352, then we probably do need one. 

Maybe I'm wrong about this but I would struggle to see us playing 3-5-2 with Roberts as one of the three in midfield all season long.  I think that would make us a bit light in midfield from Warnock's point of view.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe I'm wrong about this but I would struggle to see us playing 3-5-2 with Roberts as one of the three in midfield all season long.  I think that would make us a bit light in midfield from Warnock's point of view.  

I've been wrong about this before but if the proposed deals come off - in fact if we get either one of Bolasie or Rahman in, I just don't see how NW doesn't go back to the 433.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

to be fair he hit 10 goals in the Championship two seasons in a row 2017/2018 and 2018/2019, which is fine. Only 6 after moving to Stoke but I think he is a bench option there too.

Oh, and he had two good seasons in league 1 hitting 18 and 17 goals, not just one.

Brilliant, so he was great once upon a time in League One on two occasions four or five years ago and outstanding in the Conference even further back.

He is nothing more than a bench blocker for other talent at the Club. If we are a Striker light I'd rather we utilise one of our existing fringe players like Browne who can't be any worse at this level. At 32 years old we can't even say that Gregory might come good eventually, a total waste of a wage if he isn't improving on what we already have.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

In NW's press conference he specifically called out Roberts playing balls into the front 2. 

3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Brilliant, so he was great once upon a time in League One on two occasions four or five years ago and outstanding in the Conference even further back.

He is nothing more than a bench blocker for other talent at the Club. If we are a Striker light I'd rather we utilise one of our existing fringe players like Browne who can't be any worse at this level. At 32 years old we can't even say that Gregory might come good eventually, a total waste of a wage if he isn't improving on what we already have.

I'm merely saying if you're going to talk *** about a player, at least know what you're talking about. 

He's never really been about scoring goals in the Championship. Across his career he contributes to a goal once every three games - or just a touch over (goals and assists), which to be fair isn't terrible.

He's far more of the...pest kind of striker, closing down, running channels, harrying defenders and things like that. 

I wouldn't go for him personally, but I can see maybe why we might be enquiring.

1 minute ago, boroie said:

In NW's press conference he specifically called out Roberts playing balls into the front 2. 

I imagine it will be more of a 3-4-1-2, with Roberts able to roam into space and create

5 minutes ago, boroie said:

Yeah I know.  And in an earlier one he spoke about Roberts playing behind a striker didn't he?  Striker singular not striker plural.  I didn't say we'd never play it, just that I don't see it being played all season long.