oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

13 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

They were trying for Baba but its proving difficult wage wise. But we knew about the Baba deal ages before i found out details

Good. Unless there is barely any financial risk in it from our point of view I don’t see the point in signing him. He’s never fit. It would just be an even more injury prone Gestede at left back. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, boroie said:

In NW's press conference he specifically called out Roberts playing balls into the front 2. 

we might look like a back 3/5 on paper but on the pitch it'll be more like a back 4 that drops into a 5 if under pressure and a 3 when pushing high up. with us being lopsided on the right with tav roberts and dijksteel pushing up with them on that side. while the lbw drops deeper and midfield pull across to cover. its not far off a 433 really. 

dijksteel fry paddy 

tav----------------------bola

------howson morsy

------------roberts

---------akpom britt

------------------------------------------------------------- when diijksteel bombs on. paddy drifts wide or cuts in same as roberts. howson fills the gap and bola drops off with akpom moving across to left side attack.

howson fry paddy bola

------------morsy

dijksteel---tav

roberts--britt akpom

basically with how we are trying to play it looks like with the right  players on the pitch we could made the crappy wing back junk actually work and be a very flexible system to use.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I get a little burst of rage every time Alan Nixon does his "aye" to a signing, I'm not sure why it pisses me off so much.

He just seems so smug.

He gets given so much *** I'm not surprised he gets a bit smug when he turns out to be right on something. 

Can never decide where I stand on Nixon, he clearly knows stuff, but the Rhodes saga really soured me on him.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

if you're going to talk *** about a player

I don't believe I was talking *** about the player, merely stating his record.

His 18 goals at League One level didn't inspire me but I accept that others may see that one season differently. The one season that I referred to was when he hit 27 goals in 53 games which I did find impressive but he followed it up with those 18 goals the following season and has gone downhill ever since. Stoke presumably bought him in the hope that maybe he could recapture those days from a few years back but he has managed 7 goals in the Championship for them in 46 games.

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Why is it everything happens in the last half hour of the deadline or even deals announced after the deadline that were clinched just in time before the clock struck five!

Exasperating, frustrating and annoying all at the same time. Surely if Bolasie as an example is coming here then he has had at least a few days to think about it and for all parties to get things sorted, same in reverse goes for Pears etc. At least under lockdown we know they can't go down the Pub.

That's fair comment, Why is it always a last minute scramble 

2 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

That's fair comment, Why is it always a last minute scramble 

It isn't.  We've already signed 5 players.  If we sign one more today then five of the six signed before deadline day.

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't believe I was talking *** about the player, merely stating his record.

His 18 goals at League One level didn't inspire me but I accept that others may see that one season differently. The one season that I referred to was when he hit 27 goals in 53 games which I did find impressive but he followed it up with those 18 goals the following season and has gone downhill ever since. Stoke presumably bought him in the hope that maybe he could recapture those days from a few years back but he has managed 7 goals in the Championship for them in 46 games.

He hit 18 goals in League 1 and then 17 goals in League 1 the season after, getting Millwall promoted. At that point he dropped down to 10 in 17/18 and 12 in 18/19, which are perfectly acceptable figures, when you add his 11 assists across the two seasons as well. 

Talking solely league games for Stoke, he has scored only 7 in 42, but he's only played 2,239 minutes across those 42 games, which is an average of about 53 minutes a game. Again add in his 3 assists and he's contributing to a goal more than once every 3 games if my maths is correct (one ever 223.9 minutes), which is right around his Millwall average in the Championship. 

Christ sake, he went a spell of 15 games where he never cracked more than 34 minutes on the pitch, and he only cracked the 20 minute mark 3 times. The last 5 games where he's started and played 70+ minutes? 3 goals in 5 games.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He hit 18 goals in League 1 and then 17 goals in League 1 the season after, getting Millwall promoted. At that point he dropped down to 10 in 17/18 and 12 in 18/19, which are perfectly acceptable figures, when you add his 11 assists across the two seasons as well. 

Talking solely league games for Stoke, he has scored only 7 in 42, but he's only played 2,239 minutes across those 42 games, which is an average of about 53 minutes a game. Again add in his 3 assists and he's contributing to a goal more than once every 3 games if my maths is correct (one ever 223.9 minutes), which is right around his Millwall average in the Championship. 

Christ sake, he went a spell of 15 games where he never cracked more than 34 minutes on the pitch, and he only cracked the 20 minute mark 3 times. The last 5 games where he's started and played 70+ minutes? 3 goals in 5 games.

Lets agree to disagree, you clearly have a much higher opinion of him than I do.