oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, caseybwoy said:

Anyone know how long YB has left on his contract? Whats the odds of it being terminated and picking him up on a free 😂🤏

Should have been terminated before the original deadline for that to happen. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Wait until we get beat tomorrow and this forum will go into meltdown again! 😂

I'm trying to look at the positives in the summer recruitment... apart from a Left footed CB/LB I think we have done extremely done good business given the financial difficulties.

Bolasie would of certainly topped that off but given that we have got rid of some big earners and dead wood and brought Roberts and Akpom in, I think we have certainly improved. 

Yes we are a few injuries away from a crisis but the January transfer is literally only 10 weeks away and we have another international in between then.

I believe we will be looking at Niasse but not sure we need another unless Fletcher is worse than 1st feared.

Keep the faith ... UTB

PS whoever felt confident in Bausor going into the last day of the window is a complete idiot.

• Like 5

If it makes you feel better I had a conversation with a member of the Villa coaching staff regarding Mr Bolasie, it went something like this" when he came here I was really excited about working with him, I rapidly realised he was only here for the money". Apparently towards the end of his loan with Villa he was barely on speaking terms with the other players. So that was a bullet dodged then !

• Like 1
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Wait until we get beat tomorrow and this forum will go into meltdown again! 😂

I'm trying to look at the positives in the summer recruitment... apart from a Left footed CB/LB I think we have done extremely done good business given the financial difficulties.

Bolasie would of certainly topped that off but given that we have got rid of some big earners and dead wood and brought Roberts and Akpom in, I think we have certainly improved. 

Yes we are a few injuries away from a crisis but the January transfer is literally only 10 weeks away and we have another international in between then.

I believe we will be looking at Niasse but not sure we need another unless Fletcher is worse than 1st feared.

Keep the faith ... UTB

PS whoever felt confident in Bausor going into the last day of the window is a complete idiot.

I'm always confident in Bausor.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Should have been terminated before the original deadline for that to happen. 

Shame as they signed him in 2016, so he surely is in his last year of his contract now. Heres hoping we land him in january.

Guess we can review the summer transfer window now. 

Bettinelli - 6/10 

Obviously a good keeper at this level and warnock didn't rate either of the guys we had so a decent signing. Can't help but think paying a Premier league players wages and probably a loan fee in a position where we had two adequate players in was a bit of a misuse of very limited resources.

Johnson - 2/10

Only gets a 2 because he can cover a couple of positions where we don't have players in. He doesnt do so adequately though, poor signing.

Hall - 5/10

Experienced and solid pro at this level and is a leader, but came with injury red flags and is already out for us. Add to that that he's looked shaky so far and we've looked more solid without him in the team its not overly promising. Early days though, jury is out. 

Akpom - 7/10

A good start, 2 goals already, looks like he could be an upgrade on Fletcher and comes with good pedigree. Looking forward to seeing how he turns out.

Roberts - 7/10

Much needed creativity, but given how he lost his place to spence playing right wing at the end of the season im not convinced warnock is the man to get the best out of him, especially if he intends to play him in Central midfield as he's alluded to. 

Morsy- 5/10

I wanted someone in his mould but again I'm questioning his signing- paying a fee and wages to a player in a position that we have an overload of players in. If we'd sold one of our other cms and brought someone else in for other positions in the team then id probably have given this one a 7 but as it is were woefully unbalanced once again. 

Overall - 4/10

We've addressed some issues and thickened out the squad and have made a couple of promising moves. But I'm not sure any of the signings immediately improves our first 11 from last season, which should have been the goal. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Guess we can review the summer transfer window now. 

Bettinelli - 6/10 

Obviously a good keeper at this level and warnock didn't rate either of the guys we had so a decent signing. Can't help but think paying a Premier league players wages and probably a loan fee in a position where we had two adequate players in was a bit of a misuse of very limited resources.

Johnson - 2/10

Only gets a 2 because he can cover a couple of positions where we don't have players in. He doesnt do so adequately though, poor signing.

Hall - 5/10

Experienced and solid pro at this level and is a leader, but came with injury red flags and is already out for us. Add to that that he's looked shaky so far and we've looked more solid without him in the team its not overly promising. Early days though, jury is out. 

Akpom - 7/10

A good start, 2 goals already, looks like he could be an upgrade on Fletcher and comes with good pedigree. Looking forward to seeing how he turns out.

Roberts - 7/10

Much needed creativity, but given how he lost his place to spence playing right wing at the end of the season im not convinced warnock is the man to get the best out of him, especially if he intends to play him in Central midfield as he's alluded to. 

Morsy- 5/10

I wanted someone in his mould but again I'm questioning his signing- paying a fee and wages to a player in a position that we have an overload of players in. If we'd sold one of our other cms and brought someone else in for other positions in the team then id probably have given this one a 7 but as it is were woefully unbalanced once again. 

Overall - 4/10

We've addressed some issues and thickened out the squad and have made a couple of promising moves. But I'm not sure any of the signings immediately improves our first 11 from last season, which should have 

I guarantee Morsy will make us tick this season. 

I didn't want Bolasie anyway, he strikes me as a ***, but it's funny that the club have been taken for a ride again.

But it happens so frequently that I half suspect they do it deliberately.