oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I have a question to ask. Now NW knows he will not be supported in his effort to stabilize the club does anyone think he may leave due to suspected bad health. Possibly COVID has taken a heavy toll on my health and ability and regretfully with a heavy heart I leave a project unfinished. SG is a lovely man with a difficult job during exceptional uncertainty. 
SG. We wish NW well and thank him for his dedication and sincerity. 

I feel for the guy because I think NW is a genuine person with real intent but man he must be shattered witnessing what has transpired over the past month. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I have a question to ask. Now NW knows he will not be supported in his effort to stabilize the club does anyone think he may leave due to suspected bad health. Possibly COVID has taken a heavy toll on my health and ability and regretfully with a heavy heart I leave a project unfinished. SG is a lovely man with a difficult job during exceptional uncertainty. 

I feel for the guy because I think NW is a genuine person with real intent but man he must be shattered witnessing what has transpired over the past month. 

No.

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I feel for the guy because I think NW is a genuine person with real intent but man he must be shattered watching what has transpired over the past month. 

NW has little to prove and if he feels it's beyond him then I think he'll jack it sooner rather than later. As you say, he's had Covid very recently and now knows he has very little to work with as far as squad goes. I certainly wouldn't blame him for wanting to retire and have a quiet life. There's a massive difference in being flown in to keep a team from relegation a few weeks before the end of the season to planning a long term promotion push.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Just don't trust the club anymore me like. They delibertly lie 

They’ve been lying through the Evening Gibson for years. It’s hardly something new. It’s just one man at the top who decides the club strategy from a new point every morning he wakes up. The rest of the club and local media are mere puppets. 

• Like 4

I doubt very much that Bausor acts autonomously when even the local paper and its journalists couldn't. After all these years there is a reason why he still exists, either he is very good at the job or he is simply a walking flak jacket.

If the version of events as posted on here are correct then words fail me, shameful doesn't even begin to describe it. Sadly I'm more inclined to believe Raf than the Official Club version when or if it ever comes out. Where that leaves NW if it is the truth is open to speculation, if it were me I know what I would do so I forlornly hope that Raf is somehow mistaken and misinformed. 

1 hour ago, uncle_rico said:

Get the impression the club told the local media (Gazette and Echo) that a deal for Bolasie was never close. They weren’t banking on him putting something out on Twitter.

I don’t imagine we’ll hear anything from Gibson about another failed transfer window, he has after all spoken to the press twice already this week about how he thinks the billionaire owners of the “big 6” are the saviours of English football...

Was it a failed transfer window? It was hard work, we could have done with a few more in an ideal world to have a balanced squad but I wouldn't count Bettinelli, Hall, Morsy, Roberts and Akpom as a failure.

In comparison to our usual windows it was better than average

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

bolasie has been *** for years. i personally am glada merc like him isnt coming.

It's not him though really it's the fact we should of could of signed Woodrow, Rahman, benkovic if these came I wouldn't mind losing Bolasie

While I dont doubt rafs sources there are a few holes in the theory. If everything was signed and sealed like the information suggests then why would bolasie come out and say that the club did everything they could? Doesnt really have much to gain by staying silent if we messed him about. And the woodrow thing doesn't make a lot of sense either since I'm not sure its ever been reported in the media, just on here? Could be wrong there though.

Anyway, the point isn't to dismiss what raf said as there's clearly something very wrong at the club and has been for years through various mismanagement and poor decisions, just that we can't be 100% sure just how much of this was under our control. Im interested in what warnock says about it.

• Like 2