oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

While I dont doubt rafs sources there are a few holes in the theory. If everything was signed and sealed like the information suggests then why would bolasie come out and say that the club did everything they could? Doesnt really have much to gain by staying silent if we messed him about. And the woodrow thing doesn't make a lot of sense either since I'm not sure its ever been reported in the media, just on here? Could be wrong there though.

Anyway, the point isn't to dismiss what raf said as there's clearly something very wrong at the club and has been for years through various mismanagement and poor decisions, just that we can't be 100% sure just how much of this was under our control. Im interested in what warnock says about it.

The Woodrow situation could be that he was more of a backup for Akpom who they then managed to get a deal with, I remember Warnock saying it was a deal they didn't think was going to happen.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

The Woodrow situation could be that he was more of a backup for Akpom who they then managed to get a deal with, I remember Warnock saying it was a deal they didn't think was going to happen.

Potentially, I know id far rather than akpom so thats not such a  bad thing in my view.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

While I dont doubt rafs sources there are a few holes in the theory. If everything was signed and sealed like the information suggests then why would bolasie come out and say that the club did everything they could? Doesnt really have much to gain by staying silent if we messed him about. And the woodrow thing doesn't make a lot of sense either since I'm not sure its ever been reported in the media, just on here? Could be wrong there though.

Anyway, the point isn't to dismiss what raf said as there's clearly something very wrong at the club and has been for years through various mismanagement and poor decisions, just that we can't be 100% sure just how much of this was under our control. Im interested in what warnock says about it.

Raf said the paperwork wasn't sent off in time, didn't he?  Bolasie wouldn't necessarily know why things weren't completed, just that they weren't completed.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Raf said the paperwork wasn't sent off in time, didn't he?  Bolasie wouldn't necessarily know why things weren't completed, just that they weren't completed.

Yeah thats kind of what I mean - if as far as he was concerned everything was done, he would have been asking questions as to why it didn't go through. He'd have asked those questions of his parent club who would have nothing to gain by defending our role in the transfer. So it must be more complicated than us just pulling out.

16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah thats kind of what I mean - if as far as he was concerned everything was done, he would have been asking questions as to why it didn't go through. He'd have asked those questions of his parent club who would have nothing to gain by defending our role in the transfer. So it must be more complicated than us just pulling out.

Surely if it was a case that Gibson and Bausor just pulled the plug without any reasoning and simply to deceive the fans, then Warnock will leave. I can't see how it would end any other way if he was blatantly being deceived as Raf's source suggets 

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Surely if it was a case that Gibson and Bausor just pulled the plug without any reasoning and simply to deceive the fans, then Warnock will leave. I can't see how it would end any other way if he was blatantly being deceived as Raf's source suggets 

Well there is the other option that warnock was complicit in it. 

But the thing is with these situations, no one will every know the exact going ons apart from those directly involved. Its why I read the itk reports with interest but know that its only ever snippets and from one angle - there's no point making full judgements based on what we hear because there are always other considerations that aren't clear.

Like I said though, there's clearly something very wrong at the club and there has been  for a long time. Its just very difficult to pinpoint what it is without knowing everything. 

3 hours ago, Raf smog said:

Wanted to show the fans we made an effort. Same old rubbish. 4 players we let down today 2 found a club in the end and 2 didn’t.  Woodrow 3 weeks ago all but a boro player we pulled the plug. Shambles wouldn’t like to be bauser when warnock finds him

Why not just make derisory bids if we want to look like we’re ‘making an effort’? Why go through the trouble of travelling and discussing, writing up contracts etc if we’re not ever intending to send them off?

Wtf actually happens at this club? I’m totally sick of these patronising incompetent nobs who are now actually ruining this club. Telling us we can’t sign players because of traffic jams and wives.

3 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

Warnock must wonder what on Earth he has walked into. Bausor gets the blame but surely he’s following Gibson’s orders. Didn’t same happen to Woodgate last season with some loan signings? 

This, everyone is pointing at bausor. Yet he is employed By and under The instruction of someone else... He is still at the club and that only tells us one thing, that he is doing a good job in the eyes of his employer, I.e doing exactly what is asked.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Just don't trust the club anymore me like. They delibertly lie 

Same, I stopped getting ‘excited’ about this club or any of the propaganda they push out after ‘that’ Summer of Pulis. It’s all lies, all of it that any of them say. The club can go fcuck themselves for all I care, I hope warnock sacks them off aswell.

10 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Gibson has been a controlling foolish freak for a long time now. Almost feels like he doesn't want promotion.

We need something different.

It’s an ego trip for him now, the fancy meetings with the premiership big boys, interviews with the guardian. Going purely on what we see from outside then MFC is no longer a priority for him.

Before any of the ‘hurrr durrrr you just want someone to throw money around’ brigade starts, no. If warnock would have said after Roberts signed that we were done, maybe we will look at some free agents NOBODY would have been that bothered and probably seen this as a half decent window.