oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Putting things into perspective, at the start of the window if we go told that we would of signed a goalkeeper who two years ago was on the verge of breaking into the England team, A striker who a couple of weeks before was playing in champions league, an international midfielder with championship experience and previous club captain, a experienced centre back who was club captain at previous championship club and got Roberts back on loan. Not sold any of our main players and dijksteel to find good form as a centre back. No one would of believed it as its not typical Boro. It's a shame we never signed a experienced left back and another winger but overall we look more balanced and more experienced than this time last season. We can still sign free transfers and the free players are probably getting nervous now about not getting a club so it's more of a buyers market. And January is not too far away to strengthen again if we are in a position financially to do so. 

• Like 10
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Raf smog said:

Right yannick and Everton deal was wrapped up at 1645 we didn’t send paperwork off quick enough all it takes is one letter signed. What makes its worse the Chelsea left back signed his paperwork 1 hour earlier and we didn’t even send that off. Warnock is fuming complete amateurs  from top to bottom.  Don’t let the club tell you they tried all they could because they didn’t could of had 4 players today and also Woodrow 3 weeks ago.  Everything changed when this rescue deal was rejected.

Appalling from what you are stating here Raf smog.

Do you think we can screw up a "free" transfer?

6 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

If we stay away from major injuries NW will still get us up.🤙

I tend to agree partially with your post however the long term injury to Fletcher without an additional option could be problamatic.

Still we can watch any movement for a free agent to go Pete Tong I suppose!

7 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

And now they release that fletch is out for months.....

🤬. I saw this on twitter Herbie Kane

Harry Wilson

Harvey Elliott

Jack Marriott 

Anthony Knockhart 

All moved deadline day. Boro in the past would have had them all. Anyone of them would have been a great addition. Now i understand finance's are definitely tight at our club but we must have some money kicking around to still be active yesterday and now in the free agent market.

It is getting to the point where you have to think people at the top of the club are incompetent.

The club clearly released a version of the Bolasie goings on to the gazette and echo that it wanted the fans to believe. They weren't banking on Bolasie coming out telling the truth. Bolasie thinks the club did all it could to get it through. Looks like they pulled the wool over his eyes too.

1 hour ago, Ruathain said:

Putting things into perspective, at the start of the window if we go told that we would of signed a goalkeeper who two years ago was on the verge of breaking into the England team, A striker who a couple of weeks before was playing in champions league, an international midfielder with championship experience and previous club captain, a experienced centre back who was club captain at previous championship club and got Roberts back on loan. Not sold any of our main players and dijksteel to find good form as a centre back. No one would of believed it as its not typical Boro. It's a shame we never signed a experienced left back and another winger but overall we look more balanced and more experienced than this time last season. We can still sign free transfers and the free players are probably getting nervous now about not getting a club so it's more of a buyers market. And January is not too far away to strengthen again if we are in a position financially to do so. 

Very true, it’s just frustrating because I felt we were two players off making a playoff push a realistic proposition. Now I think we’re upper midtable at best.

But to be honest, not challenging for promotion in a season where fans aren’t allowed in stadiums is alright with me.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, MfcLukasBoro17 said:

Such a shame to watch the this board slowly build up with the new generation of football manager cranks, zanzibar is typical of this, probably the worst of the 3 boards now! 

He is like. He’s terrible 🤭

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Well there is the other option that warnock was complicit in it. 

But the thing is with these situations, no one will every know the exact going ons apart from those directly involved. Its why I read the itk reports with interest but know that its only ever snippets and from one angle - there's no point making full judgements based on what we hear because there are always other considerations that aren't clear.

Like I said though, there's clearly something very wrong at the club and there has been  for a long time. Its just very difficult to pinpoint what it is without knowing everything. 

True. It’s not about one deal but deals over years, and we just seem to get it wrong on a regular bases for reason we will never be privy.  I don’t blame Bausor he is just a cog in a broken engine. 
This season we seem to have dipped below even our low standard and failed to mop up any leftovers others clubs didn’t want. We were not out bib for decent players by others clubs but spent a great amount of time looking at a empty bargain bin. 
I don’t think we are now cutting the cloth and more like forgoing clothes altogether. 

1 hour ago, Youngy228 said:

And now they release that fletch is out for months.....

I think Fletcher already released that himself or words to that effect 🙂

We'll sign a striker from those players out of contract no doubt.

It's weird though that we wanted wide attacking players or creative players and we signed everything but until Roberts and then when we lost a striker for months we tried to sign a wide attacking player instead.

I honestly think that the Bolasie deal is a bullet dodged. When was the last time he was any good? It was before that injury at Everton for definite, which is about 4 years ago now. Patrick Roberts is a signing out of the two we needed to make and we got it done. 

On Baba, it sounds like he was playing a high risk high reward game from what i've heard. Right until the end he was trying to force Watford's hand, so I don't think the club are entirely to blame for it falling through.

It does sound like the club is pretty inept though and I think Gibson needs to look a bit closer to home why this stuff seems to always happen to us. 

But I don't think it is a total disaster. There are some good free agents out there who are probably starting to get a bit nervous so we can still get something sorted.