oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Maybe all the deals have been dependent on players leaving for cash, as nobody did we have no cash, so no players brought in.

u know, your probably right, wing or browne (example) go and he signs. someone might have failed to land them so we were forced to pull out of the bolasie deal.

8 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

u know, your probably right, wing or browne (example) go and he signs. someone might have failed to land them so we were forced to pull out of the bolasie deal.

Could be,but then why wouldn't we just say that? It would be a lot more understandable than us signing the deal and then letting the time run out which seems to be the clubs line

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Could be,but then why wouldn't we just say that? It would be a lot more understandable than us signing the deal and then letting the time run out which seems to be the clubs line

Mail says Warnock puts some of blame on Bolasie and agent for not telling them some things until 4.00pm. which ties in with something said before about Bolasie saying he thought agent had told club something which agent hadn’t “realized” club didn’t know. Could be either miscommunication between Bolasie and agent, or they were trying to put Boro into a difficult spot, hoping Boro would concede point. 
I thinks clubs line agree with this - a “new” demand at 4.00pm and they couldn’t sort it out before deadline. Could be anything from Bolasie not wanting to move house, to something financial like an agents fee or existing Everton bonus that he expected Boro to pay.

point is, If it was an error or miscommunication, Bauser should be experienced and able enough to absolutely pin players and agents down at an early stage with every bit of deal and exactly what Boro are expecting to pay and other conditions and tell agent to get player to agree and not come back at late stage with “omissions”. It smacks to me of Bolasie trying to engineer something to his benefit.

It does sound like the club were blindsided by new information after Bolassie agreed the move. Whether we should have been able to resolve the issue in time for the deal to go through would really depend on what it was? 

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

So do we all accept that the move wasn’t all an audacious sham by Bauser and Gibson in order to bamboozle the fans?

its a teesside trait. every *** is paranoid even against a guy who supports the club and is the chairman, hidden agenda to deceive the fans is hilarious. gibson is secretive but you have to be dont you. no need to doubt his intentions he wants whats best for club. 

• Like 1

I think you'll struggle to convince anyone who has watched the last 4 years of our inadequacies in the transfer market that this isn't on the people who make those decisions. There's one consistent role in all these issues and that's them. Maybe this time was different and maybe it wasn't their fault, you won't find me giving them the benefit of the doubt though.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

So do we all accept that the move wasn’t all an audacious sham by Bauser and Gibson in order to bamboozle the fans?

Ha ha! I know football is an emotive issue, but the fact is Boro are no different to most clubs when it comes to signing players, especially when money is tight. 

I'm not suggesting the club are perfect when it comes to recruitment, but they're nowhere near as bad as some of the meltdowns would suggest. 

I still say its been a decent window - we've signed a number of players who all (so far) look to have improved the spine of the team, which is what the manager wanted and within a very modest budget too.

If that's not an envelope for sustainable business I'd like to see what is.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Jonny Ingbar said:

Ha ha! I know football is an emotive issue, but the fact is Boro are no different to most clubs when it comes to signing players, especially when money is tight. 

I'm not suggesting the club are perfect when it comes to recruitment, but they're nowhere near as bad as some of the meltdowns would suggest. 

I still say its been a decent window - we've signed a number of players who all (so far) look to have improved the spine of the team, which is what the manager wanted and within a very modest budget too.

If that's not an envelope for sustainable business I'd like to see what is.

Agreed, it’s just at the time, people were convinced that we never had any intention of signing Bolasie and it was all smoke and mirrors.

• Like 1

Cardiff must have one of strongest squads in league.

They forward player they have likes of OJo, Murphy, Holliett, Wilson, Tomlin, Kieffer Moore, Glatzel.

Will struggle to keep all of them 4 wide players happy. Holliett in to last year of his contact. Something we might keep an eye on in Jan maybe.

Just now, TLF10 said:

Cardiff must have one of strongest squads in league.

They forward player they have likes of OJo, Murphy, Holliett, Wilson, Tomlin, Kieffer Moore, Glatzel.

Will struggle to keep all of them 4 wide players happy. Holliett in to last year of his contact. Something we might keep an eye on in Jan maybe.

Oh and Forest front line is not bad either, Knockaert, Lolley, Freeman, Ameobi, Grabban and Lyle Taylor. Decent options.