oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Just get Niasse and Alen Halilovic on frees and move forward. 

I can't even express how hard I would be if we signed Halilović.

Will most likely end up in Turkey though

1 minute ago, Weasel said:

I can't even express how hard I would be if we signed Halilović.

Will most likely end up in Turkey though

Tbh I have no idea how good he is these days. The name just popped up. Can't doubt his talent though. You're probably right though. Some club in Turkey or Russia are probably willing to pay big money for him.

Both Niasse and Halilovic would possibly want more than our wage levels would permit. Niasse is a low scoring 30 year old forward but at this level maybe he could find it much easier than the Prem and therefore be a surprise package.

Its strange that after Zagreb, Halilovic has never really staked a claim anywhere and has seemingly been out on loan for most of his career. Maybe there is something behind all that which is why he is a free agent. There again Barca, Hamburg and Milan are probably fussier than Boro right now. It may actually be a good move for both to reignite their careers.

31 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Apologies if its been done to death... but haven't been able to dig out the reason we missed Bolasie and Rahman. 

What happened...? 

Not exactly clear, Warnock’s comments on Bolasie leave more questions than answers tbh 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Apologies if its been done to death... but haven't been able to dig out the reason we missed Bolasie and Rahman. 

What happened...? 

Apparently it was all going ahead until a revelation at four in the afternoon which was a deal blocker. Warnock was annoyed that Bolasie never said anything about it prior, nor his agent to Bausor during the talks until late on. 

Bolasie seemed to to think that his agent knew all along what the impasse would be and was dealing with it but it only came up allegedly with less than an hour to the deadline.

We can only guess or speculate if it was an agent's cut that hadn't yet been included, demands on starting, special bonuses, an impending sentence with one of Her Majesty's reform schools or that he had signed up for I'm a Celebrity in Wales and might be missing for a few weeks eating Welsh Rarebit entrails 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Apparently it was all going ahead until a revelation at four in the afternoon which was a deal blocker. Warnock was annoyed that Bolasie never said anything about it prior, nor his agent to Bausor during the talks until late on. 

Bolasie seemed to to think that his agent knew all along what the impasse would be and was dealing with it but it only came up allegedly with less than an hour to the deadline.

We can only guess or speculate if it was an agent's cut that hadn't yet been included, demands on starting, special bonuses, an impending sentence with one of Her Majesty's reform schools or that he had signed up for I'm a Celebrity in Wales and might be missing for a few weeks eating Welsh Rarebit entrails 😁

Interesting... sounds like they tried to crowbar something at the 11th hour. And we know how much Gibson likes agents doing that!

Was Rahman never happening? Leaves us very reliant on Bola stepping up. 

1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Interesting... sounds like they tried to crowbar something at the 11th hour. And we know how much Gibson likes agents doing that!

Was Rahman never happening? Leaves us very reliant on Bola stepping up. 

Which at first sight he seems able to do!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Oldham boro said:

I don't care if it's Roy of the rovers, as long as he scores more goals than the striker's we have at the moment. But I think it will be Niasse.

Or if memory serves me Gentleman Gus (or was it gorgeous gus) from The Victor comic?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I thought Welsh rarebit was cheese on toast?

• Like 1