oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Will said:

Good, sick of seeing the George Savilles of this world fannying out of tackles. Morsy is an absolute breath of fresh air and exactly what we needed.

Although in Savs defence, he's been crunching into some tackles this season too.

The Championship this season is absolutely wide open and we have the best manager in the division so I really hope Gibson can support him. We supposedly had the money for Bolaise, yet he's having to supposedly wait for a green light from Gibson to sign a striker on a free transfer. I'm slightly sceptical whether that's true or is a cover for another reason such as driving down agent demands for a longer contract or higher wages etc. That way Warnock can say to an agent/player "my chairman will only let me give you X, and I've had to really work hard to squeeze out of him"; it's a better way to present it to a player than "I don't particularly rate your player as I think I can get better than him in the January window so don't want to give a longer term deal". Since Warnock has came into the club - as many on the board will attest to - the information that gets leaked has dramatically cut and we seem very conscious about controlling information that's put into the public domain such as Fletcher announcing he was injured for several months only to delete it - most likely after the club got wind of it.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Will said:

Good, sick of seeing the George Savilles of this world fannying out of tackles. Morsy is an absolute breath of fresh air and exactly what we needed.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Saville bottle a tackle? If anything that’s something you know you’re going to get. Graft and hard work. Morsy has been great though, and offers something different. He’s surprised me how comfortable he is on the ball. He really glides through games.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Anyone think Britt might be more injured than we’re letting on? Like Fletcher was? Don’t want to let on to any of these free agents? 

No

4 hours ago, scotty189 said:

any ideas of the free agents we might be looking at ?

Theres not a lot out there and what's half decent and available looks outside of us financially. 

Unless someone like Niasse has a change of contract demands you would have to think that whoever's left we looked at and decided San-oh-no was a better option.

22 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Theres not a lot out there and what's half decent and available looks outside of us financially. 

Unless someone like Niasse has a change of contract demands you would have to think that whoever's left we looked at and decided San-oh-no was a better option.

Well on transfer market there is really only Niasse, Adama diamonde, Sanogo, sahko maybe that is realistic. Don't think sturridge would play in the championship, well not with our terms. 

I had a look through the free agents last week. Away from our own interests, I'm quite surprised that Downing hasn't found a club. Even at 36, he still played over 40 games last season, you'd think he'd be able to offer something. I assume he's another one who's wage demands are off-putting 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tom said:

I had a look through the free agents last week. Away from our own interests, I'm quite surprised that Downing hasn't found a club. Even at 36, he still played over 40 games last season, you'd think he'd be able to offer something. I assume he's another one who's wage demands are off-putting 

I believe he is going back to Blackburn.

With Warnock saying he was reluctant to bring Akpom off until really late due to him being important at defending set pieces, I think Warnock is going to want a striker who has a decent physical presence about him so that he can do that job. Taking that into account, Diafra Sakho stands out as the most logical choice, and possibly rules Watmore out as he’s 5 foot 9 inches.