oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I haven't seen anything even linking us with Niasse. Also, quality aside, I don't think he's much different to what we've got already. I was expecting we'd be in for more of a target man style player so we have something different to put on the pitch.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I think people are focusing on Niasse primarily is because Warnock had him in loan at Cardiff (13 games, 0 goals).

Saw him live a couple of times during that spell and I wasn't massively impressed. If we can navigate the 2 months to January without I think I'd rather do that. 

Just now, BearSmog said:

I think people are focusing on Niasse primarily is because Warnock had him in loan at Cardiff (13 games, 0 goals).

Saw him live a couple of times during that spell and I wasn't massively impressed. If we can navigate the 2 months to January without I think I'd rather do that. 

Yeh it would be nice to get another player in but i agree in a way. Would be good if we could get bolasie all but signed before the window and announce him 1st of jan like we did with roberts last season 

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

He's a spud Niasse and as @Changing Times alluded to yesterday what's tje point in signing a player and wasting money on someone if they won't improve us. 

Well the current alternative to Akpom is throwing a defender up front. Why are our fans worrying about money? If we sign a striker then I'm sure the club can afford it. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Well the current alternative to Akpom is throwing a defender up front. Why are our fans worrying about money? If we sign a striker then I'm sure the club can afford it. 

Yeh unless Britt is back. I don't care if we throw a defender or Browne up there if the person we bring in ain't very good. 

11 minutes ago, Duvel said:

If we sign a striker then I'm sure the club can afford it. 

This year, sure. Next year, who knows. I'd worry if the initial deal was longer than a year, as I think it means we're less likely to keep hold of either Britt or Fletch beyond this season. I don't think either of those strikers would have struggled as much as any on our free agent list to find a club this window.

Any player you bring in is a gamble, especially with free agents. If it was someone like Niasse then id trust Warnock's judgement.

It sounds like he's been rubbish for the past few seasons but I'm sure it would be at a very low cost, otherwise we won't be doing it. If he could rediscover his form from a few years ago he'd be miles better than Browne and probably better than any other striker we've got at the club. 

If Britt is close to being back then thats a different story, for once I actually trust the club on this (or at least Warnock). 

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This year, sure. Next year, who knows. I'd worry if the initial deal was longer than a year, as I think it means we're less likely to keep hold of either Britt or Fletch beyond this season. I don't think either of those strikers would have struggled as much as any on our free agent list to find a club this window.

I thought the whole talk had been about short term solutions? 

46 minutes ago, TheJew said:

People thought Pukki was crap 

He was. His surge in form came from nowhere. 99/100 a player looking like him in the Danish league will never succeed in the Championship let alone the Prem. He was average at best in Denmark.

• Like 1