oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Dimi used to regularly play outfield in 5-a-side whilst being an important part of Karanka's promotion winning team 👀

I can forgive the Greek lothario for that, I can picture him doing his best Jan Koller impression at Soccer Sensations no problem 

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

This honestly isn't meant as a dig, but didn't you and your brother say the same about Tav not long ago?  Is it possible that the information you were getting wasn't entirely accurate?  I know nothing about Walker, so he could be a complete nobhead for all I know, but it's also possible that the information you get passed to you holds a certain amount of bias?

Put it this way, I'm going to believe the person who played alongside him for a number of years regarding his attitude rather than what people think they know from a Oneboro forum 👍

If people don't want to believe that from a former team mate of his, then that's fine.

Obviously people grow up and perform for better managers of course.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Put it this way, I'm going to believe the person who played alongside him for a number of years regarding his attitude rather than what people think they know from a Oneboro forum 👍

If people don't want to believe that from a former team mate of his, then that's fine.

Obviously people grow up and perform for better managers of course.

That's cool.  Was it you that said about Tavernier or have I imagined that?

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's cool.  Was it you that said about Tavernier or have I imagined that?

No you are right, it came from me and was supported by another member on here (not my brother), but his information came from the same player at the time.

Like I say, players grow up, perform for better managers so it would be no surprise to me if he was complete polar opposite to what he was like under Pulis.  And tbh I am glad as Tavernier is really performing under Warnock and it's nice to see him showcasing his potential we all knew he had.

Everyone knows that I am in a minority of supporting Pulis time at the club, but we all know his training was boring for the players which could easily have contributed to some attitudes. 

Just now, diggerlad07 said:

No you are right, it came from me and was supported by another member on here (not my brother), but his information came from the same player at the time.

Like I say, players grow up, perform for better managers so it would be no surprise to me if he was complete polar opposite to what he was like under Pulis.  And tbh I am glad as Tavernier is really performing under Warnock and it's nice to see him showcasing his potential we all knew he had.

Everyone knows that I am in a minority of supporting Pulis time at the club, but we all know his training was boring for the players which could easily have contributed to some attitudes. 

Ah well, sorry then DZ, I assumed it was you who had said it as well but I was wrong 👍🤗

I doubt it's rare that young footballers are seen as a bit of a *** by their peers or even by coaches, it doesn't necessarily mean he's not gonna make it though especially if the talent is there

An arrogant attitude is necessary for some player to get themselves mentally ready and many will then grow out of it, others like Joey Barton continue with it but arguably it helped him on the pitch

On 10/27/2020 at 7:13 PM, Smogzilla said:

Its a fool who writes youths player off before they've finished developing. Hes just turned 20 ffs.

Seen the same thing a million times before now, franks, Park, Walker (2009), grounds, luke Williams, Smallwood.

Give them a chance, you can’t loan him out he can ‘do a job’, they need time to develop, best player from our academy in years, looks great in the u23s.

Sorry but 95% of the time you can tell a mile off if an academy player will make the step up. Walker last season looked WAY off the pace, compare him to tav and Nathan wood who looked like they’d been in and around the first team for a season or 2.

Yes Walker might come good after a loan spell, he needs it tbf to him. The point is would he improve our team or add something we don’t have? No he’d literally just be a ‘body’ in the squad, the best thing for the club and him as a player was to go on loan.

I get that we all want our academy players to make it here but we have to accept that the majority of them won’t.

• Like 5