oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Honestly I'm just always happy when I see our academy players having any sort of professional career. I still check regularly to see the kind of game time players we recently sold are getting, cause I'm sad like that.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Honestly I'm just always happy when I see our academy players having any sort of professional career. I still check regularly to see the kind of game time players we recently sold are getting, cause I'm sad like that.

You must be the type who stalk all you ex girlfriends too!!!!!!!! 🙃

• Wow 1
16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Nothing sad about that. If Boro could have helped these lads in any way to a worthwhile career then we should be as proud of them as any apprentice in any job.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

It’s not stalking when she doesn’t know 😉

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

29 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Stalk on Brunner's ex girlfriends?

Jokes on you, I'd need an ex girlfriend to do that 🤓

*sobs*

• Haha 1

Anyone remember that rapid youth group striker who performed at ridiculous levels for england youth groups up to 17s even forcing his way into Karanka's thoughts at one point?

Bradley Fewster.

He's currently semi pro at Whitby Town 4 years later, I've said over the past 12 months that Walker is at a critical stage where he'll either absolutely shine out on loan or he'll end up following Fewsters footsteps.

Reality of his situation is, whether you think Warnock will 'need' him or not, this is probably the most important season of his career it will determine what level he will be playing at in 4 years time because the youth strikers we have coming through look really good and keeping Ste Walker around an extra season taking up a spot in the 23s if he has a poor season is not something I imagine the club will do.

It's like Chapman and Mondal they looked absolute livewires in the UEFA youth league in 16/17 fast forward a few years Junior's spent most of his time in non league and Chapman's spent most of his time sitting in stands or on his couch. This isn't talking down our youngsters it's just the harsh realities of the transition from youth football to senior and from evidence available Walker might have enough there or he might not but 5 sub appearances for us this season wont give us the answers we/him need for his career so sending him out made complete sense for all parties.

6 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Seen the same thing a million times before now, franks, Park, Walker (2009), grounds, luke Williams, Smallwood.

Give them a chance, you can’t loan him out he can ‘do a job’, they need time to develop, best player from our academy in years, looks great in the u23s.

Sorry but 95% of the time you can tell a mile off if an academy player will make the step up. Walker last season looked WAY off the pace, compare him to tav and Nathan wood who looked like they’d been in and around the first team for a season or 2.

Yes Walker might come good after a loan spell, he needs it tbf to him. The point is would he improve our team or add something we don’t have? No he’d literally just be a ‘body’ in the squad, the best thing for the club and him as a player was to go on loan.

I get that we all want our academy players to make it here but we have to accept that the majority of them won’t.

I guess our academy isn't all that great after all.

Maybe I'm just naive but I thought one of the main reasons for having an academy was to produce players that could break into the first team. Now obviously, like any recruitment / training process, not EVERYONE is going to make it, but I'd have thought we'd be seeing a few more making the step up to the senior squad.

13 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Maybe I'm just naive but I thought one of the main reasons for having an academy was to produce players that could break into the first team. Now obviously, like any recruitment / training process, not EVERYONE is going to make it, but I'd have thought we'd be seeing a few more making the step up to the senior squad.

6 of our first team squad are straight from the academy, given there are only 23 players in it, that's not bad.

You could arguably count Spence and Wing too, though I wouldn't.

48 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Having an academy that produces regular professional footballers in any capacity is hard enough tbh,

• Like 1

I am well aware of the harsh realty that a large percentage of the young lads won't be cut out to make it at the top level, or even league football at all.

What annoys me is when fans write them off based on a 5 minute run out for the 1st team or a dodgy performance here or there. How can you judge a young players ability based on that? 

Take Walker as a good example. The idea that you can say hes not gonna make it based on what we've seen so far is ludicrous. Hes barely played! Hes just secured a good loan deal to a league one club and has already opened his account. Theres definitely time for him to come good.

• Like 2