oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

But surely that is the point - if he was any good he would have had game time! I hope the lad proves me wrong - however I feel if he makes his name in the game it will be League 2 - or if fortunate league 1

Mate he's 20. Not 25. Loads of players don't breakthrough til their early 20s. Our perception is often warped by teenage superstars who break through really early but the reality is most footballers aren't involved with Championship/prem 1st teams in their teenage years.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

It does make sense because it takes away having even to look up before passing, for a midfielder under pressure that must be a huge help.

But that just shows also how switched on they have to be, if they make a run up the pitch a second too late they will be out of position.

I remember the secret footballer also said a similar thing ages ago. When you see players hit a cross field pass to apparently nobody and it goes out of play, it’s the other player that’s messed up as he was supposed to be there.

Professional players don't make cross field passes if there's no one there. There's either a player there or there's a player making a run in that direction. The player making the pass has too much field of vision to hit a cross field pass to someone that's not there.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, BearSmog said:

Lived here 18 of my 37 years. My wife is Welsh and my kids are half Welsh (Mudbloods)

I've been in Wales for 20 years out of 39 also have a Welsh wife and kids. Love it here now. 

2 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

Gazette reporting that Duncan Warmore has been training with the club to see if he can earn a contract 

Like I reported in the summer, he was already training and was ready to play in a fixture against Newcastle but we couldn't get insurance sorted.

You would think the club already know a bit about him already.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Like I reported in the summer, he was already training and was ready to play in a fixture against Newcastle but we couldn't get insurance sorted.

You would think the club already know a bit about him already.

You heard anything about his trial in terms of he has impressed or not please @diggerlad07 ?

NW said yesterday we no closer to signing anyone and does not anticopate we will do anything further before Jan.

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

You heard anything about his trial in terms of he has impressed or not please @diggerlad07 ?

NW said yesterday we no closer to signing anyone and does not anticopate we will do anything further before Jan.

Not a lot. He impressed in the summer but he's quite injury prone and quite away off fitness as he was injured before lockdown.

Can play as a striker and winger so ticks a lot of boxes as a back up, but fitness is way off which could hamper earning contract.

I think it's more to give him fitness to sign as a emergency incase we get injuries and if Akpom had tested positive.

29 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Not a lot. He impressed in the summer but he's quite injury prone and quite away off fitness as he was injured before lockdown.

Can play as a striker and winger so ticks a lot of boxes as a back up, but fitness is way off which could hamper earning contract.

I think it's more to give him fitness to sign as a emergency incase we get injuries and if Akpom had tested positive.

Yeah i thought so. Chances are by time he up to speed we will be nearer January anyway so might be better options than him available by then.

A part of me wants us to give him a short term deal as I feel there could be a gem there but can understand if we dont take it any further for reasons you highlighted above.

I feel like, given Walker is already out on loan, and Watmore wouldn't really be blocking anyone's path to the first team, if he's match fit and sharp, we should give him a deal until the end of the season.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-wants-sign-duncan-19200149.amp?__twitter_impression=true

My worry with Watmore is he broke out primarily because of his raw pace and speed when dribbling but with those horrific knee injuries what is left in his legs?

Saying that beggars can't be choosers and have no issue with us giving him a 1 year deal if Warnock thinks he can contribute.

Just now, Jamie-H said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-wants-sign-duncan-19200149.amp?__twitter_impression=true

My worry with Watmore is he broke out primarily because of his raw pace and speed when dribbling but with those horrific knee injuries what is left in his legs?

Saying that beggars can't be choosers and have no issue with us giving him a 1 year deal if Warnock thinks he can contribute.

I don't imagine his wages will be particularly high either. I can see the logic in this.