oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 hours ago, Borodane said:

I can't imagine either will be for any more than this season. Maybe 18 months at a push if they are free and our part of the wages are within our budget.

Although we need more players, I think we should avoid paying big wages for older players (even on loan). I’d rather take a punt on a 21-24 year old with something to prove

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 hours ago, FinallyRegistered said:

Although we need more players, I think we should avoid paying big wages for older players (even on loan). I’d rather take a punt on a 21-24 year old with something to prove

It sounds like we're putting off signing Watmore until the end of the break to save a few weeks wages, I doubt the club are going to be paying anyone big wages.

When I watched the interview of Warnock when asked about whether he wants grosiki or bolasie, it didn't sound like we are in for them but that he would like them, those are the type of player he would like. 

He's looking for goals from the wide areas and both of them type of players offer that imo. 

10 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I think January we could potentially attract them more cherry on top of the cake attackers if we are in the playoffs and looking like we have a chance  

I agree, if we are good position come January, maybe we could attract the better players, but whether we can afford them is another matter. 

Hall returning after international break will be a big boost for defence. Him and Wood will offer cover there. Hope it allows us to give paddy a weeks rest somewhere whereby he can sit out one midweek.

Come January we should have Fletcher back and again that will be a massive boost. If we signed a 13 goal striker from last season in Jan to help a possible promotion push people would be very pleased. That is what we will be getting when he returns.

After that I agree with Warnock in sense we need more out wide. Especially down left side of attack hence why Bolasie makes more sense than Grosicki

Not massively transfer realted but relevant. Saw when Neil got Cardiff promoted, Patterson was the top sccorer with 10 league goals. Think Hoilett got 9 and Zohore the same. Didn't score huge amount of goals so i dont think its huge we get top players in, just a couple of decent squad additions

• Like 1
16 hours ago, FinallyRegistered said:

I think we'd need any player to make an instant impact from january until the end of the season and signing a younger player potentially needs time built in to settle.

On 11/6/2020 at 10:16 PM, DurhamRed said:

I think January we could potentially attract them more cherry on top of the cake attackers if we are in the playoffs and looking like we have a chance  

Good point.

I think Gibson will find the money to back Warnock with 1-2 signings in Jan if we’re in with a shout of the autos

16 hours ago, Boro Badger said:

Good point.

I think Gibson will find the money to back Warnock with 1-2 signings in Jan if we’re in with a shout of the autos

A couple of signing will be needed even if it's just the play-offs, to make a go of them.

I'll try to put this as gently as I can,Without causing too much stress,We have no income through the turnstiles,Any player that will improve our squad will not be cheap, perhaps 1/2 a million a month on the wage bill which isn't going to happen...Until this Pandemic is over we just got to get through on what we have,I suspect a few of our academy will step up...Anyway do you really want to go up and get battered every week cause I don't,I'd love to make the play offs...From what I've seen so far I think we can do better than that and claim a top two spot...I honestly do 

3 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I'll try to put this as gently as I can,Without causing too much stress,We have no income through the turnstiles,Any player that will improve our squad will not be cheap, perhaps 1/2 a million a month on the wage bill which isn't going to happen...Until this Pandemic is over we just got to get through on what we have,I suspect a few of our academy will step up...Anyway do you really want to go up and get battered every week cause I don't,I'd love to make the play offs...From what I've seen so far I think we can do better than that and claim a top two spot...I honestly do 

Gibson needs to take punt have faith we are promoted. 

6 hours ago, Barnaby said:

what player are we going to sign that is worth £6m a year?

Edited by estonpidge
17 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

what player are going to sign that is worth £6m a year?

Ozil is not getting a game 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Gibson needs to take punt have faith we are promoted. 

I'd rather still have a club than sign players in January...

Gibson will know best what the economics of the club looks like. If we don't spend in January, we have to understand why. The financial forecast for football clubs is already looking more grim than previously with the rise in cases, second lockdown, and the likely extension of it.

I was only just born, but anyone who was alive in 1986 will tell you that us having a club of this stature right now is a small miracle. Let's not risk a repeat of that.

Edited by Snowblind
  • Like 3