oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

If we are languishing mid table then I can't see us making any signings really and I'd probably prefer to give our younger players more experience anyway.  If we are genuine play off challengers then we could maybe offer a contract to the end of the season on modest terms in exchange for an automatic one year extension on significantly better terms if we get promoted.  The cost would be irrelevant to us if we go up but may better tempt a good player than anything else we can offer.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Snow blind I remember 1986.  I did think about a trip to Hartlepool so I could see them one last time as I wasn't expecting them to survive much beyond that game.  I'd given up on them,  a complete basket case.  I was never going to see the Boro again.

I presume "brother Gibson" will remember it too and do his best to ensure it doesn't happen again.

If promotion has to wait (largely because of this disease), then it has to wait rather than not seeing the Boro again.  I presume it is a choice we'd all make.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Just a figure i plucked out of the air...But you know what I mean

You have a point if you want to sign players on 125k a week but not really if we can get away with a wage contribution of 5-10k for players like Bolasie who isn’t even given a squad number for the season. There will be plenty of players like that who we can sign for very little money. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

So is Watmore signing?

I expect it will be done before the middle of next week.

He does have better financial offers from abroad but wants to play for us. Knows it's a risk with his injuries but thinks the upside is greater.

Regarding the other offers either the football level is poor or it's in a country he doesn't really want to live. 

All signs point to boro. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Sorry if this been mentioned but just seen video club released of lads training yesterday. Watmore is present in video and still training with us.

I was looking for him but couldnt see him. Must of missed it 

6 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I was looking for him but couldnt see him. Must of missed it 

at 3.29 onwards he is the ginger lad (obviously) trying to take the ball of Patrick Roberts, albeit unsuccessfully.

4 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Obviously wasnt looking hard enough. Watched it again and hes clearly there haha

Haha and I clearly wasn't looking properly that you had sent this reply after replying to my post or I would not have responded above.

• Like 1