oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

my guess: its a 1 month contract until january when he'll be replaced by bolasie

I can't imagine he'd turn down offers from abroad to sign for a month. I'd assume it will be until the end of the season, regardless of whether Bolasie comes in too. 

35 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Fantastic news. I know people were worried we would lose him if he kept this form up! 

Well, I hope we can keep him, but this is really a two way bet though by the club, isn’t it? Either we do keep him, or we get top dollar for him, instead of being ripped off as he nears the end of the contract.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Does this affect Spence long term? Where does he fit within the team? At RB or Winger or will he be reluctant to sign and more likely to sell him now?

Spence signed a 3 and a half year deal in February, whatever his future the contract situation shouldn't be a worry for now.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Spence signed a 3 and a half year deal in February, whatever his future the contract situation shouldn't be a worry for now.

Didn't realise it was that long. Thanks. Nice to know we are in control of that situation as well. 

would hope that they are working on Sav, Paddy, Bola and Fletch as well, need to ensure that the important players don't get into situations that would mean we lose out. Same with Howson, Johnson and Wing, even if just a year at a time, sometimes just having an extra body to throw in for a match or two can be the difference at the moment.  

I would imagine that most of our players market values have increased now we have proper coaches, but very likely if anyone put in bids over £5m for anyone in squad, it would be seriously considered. After that it depends on whether player would rather be playing regularly or a "squad member". Most players know they have a span of about ten years to earn enough to set themselves up for when career ends and agents exploit this, so clubs like us either end up as investors, or yo-yos, depending on their ability to convince players that future prospects are better than present. Dijksteel will earn money for us, as will most of younger players, but some of the "established" players, we will probably lose out on in current financial situation. The serious money would come if he ever got near the Dutch national team and as far as I know, he never made their U23 side, so likely to find that difficult. I would find it difficult to put values on most of the players as it all boils down to the circumstances of the club wanting to buy and how far they are willing to push things. Fulham, WBA and Sheff U might want to splash out in New Year and Burnley might have new money, so Neil could think, sell one, buy three or he could say keep squad together and I will give you two more years if you want. Either way, we just have to hope whatever decisions taken are best for club in long term, every one has a price and we have to make sure that A) It is paid and B) we don't sell someone that can't be replaced without great difficulty.  

I think Dijksteel is safe for the next 18 months at least. Its paddy im worried about. Will be coming into his last year, will likely want more money than he's currently on, been one of the stand out players in the division, Premier league experience and has caught the eye internationally too. Hes also a quality technical footballer which is rare in this division for a defender and though dijksteel is a decent baller himself, he's not quite in paddy's league in terms of passing and delivery.

Im not worried about summer for him, im worried about January.  Seems a perfect signing for a lower prem team.

• Like 2