oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Very true, I think we'll have a job on our hands to keep him here, really hope we manage it though. 

McNair has been our best player this season, in the best defence in England, and there are always players poached from the Championship in January.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I think we will do well to hang onto him, to be honest, I would like to have seen him being given captaincy rather than Britt as he is more of an influence on team. I've griped about him in past because he seemed to be "coasting" in some games, but the lad has stepped up to a higher level this season and maybe putting him behind Saville (relatively speaking) rather than alongside has made the difference as he is beginning to remind me a little of the way Souness played when he runs forward. Certainly if I was given a choice of keeping one or the other (Britt), on this season's form it's a no-brainer, so hopefully Neil arranges for one of the Wycombe lads to sideline him for four weeks to remove the temptation. Joking aside, it might take making him club top earner, but he could be difference between playoff challenge and midtable, so we need to make him an offer he can't refuse.    

3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I think Dijksteel is safe for the next 18 months at least. Its paddy im worried about. Will be coming into his last year, will likely want more money than he's currently on, been one of the stand out players in the division, Premier league experience and has caught the eye internationally too. Hes also a quality technical footballer which is rare in this division for a defender and though dijksteel is a decent baller himself, he's not quite in paddy's league in terms of passing and delivery.

Im not worried about summer for him, im worried about January.  Seems a perfect signing for a lower prem team.

lower prem team, like man utd. seriously though you see the gash they have at the back and i would seriously rather have paddy over all of them atm from a footballing point of view. cb's though. i like bissaka nice player him. the others no thanks. though whatshisface the lad we went after from benfica, he aint the worst.

7 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

So how much would people be ‘happy’ to sell McNair for in January if he was to leave? 

Impossible to say. A lot depends on what's available out there and at what price. Selling an important player like McNair you'd arguably want enough to strengthen at least two positions ie. the vacant position when he leaves and maybe a winger or a target man.

Tbh there is probably only two players that I'd actively want to sell and that's Wing and Britt. Wing seems uneffective under Warnock and if we can somehow fetch a couple of millions on him they could be invested more wisely. Britt is simply on too much money for his output. I like Britt and I do think he works hard but I get the feeling a bigger target man would be more of use. I also think it will be difficult to get him to sign a new contract on much reduced terms and the last thing we want is to let a 15 million pound player leave for free after also spending 35-40k a week for 4 years. This coming january might be the best time to get a decent fee for him.

Who knows what covid will do for player values in the longer term but in more recent history you've had Matty Cash go for 15m and Webster went for something crazy like 22m. I'd watched those 2 players quite a few times and honestly I wouldn't swap them for any of Djiksteel, McNair or Fry. 

As poor as we are at buying players we tend to be pretty good at getting decent fees for players. I'd put all 3 of those mentioned at well over 10m. Hopefully Bola carrys on his upward projectory and we are looking at a exceptional back 4 at which to build on. 

Great signing. Has been massively impressive in training playing wide left mostly of a front 3 in the games apparently.

Very very rapid with the ball at his feet still despite the injuries.

This seems to be a very good signing and the short term nature of it will mean that he will give his all to try and impress. It could work out very well for both parties.