oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't really disagree with most of your post, but he's not even close to our top scorer.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Point of order, Assombalonga is not even close to being our all time top scorer.

sorry guys my mistake, i meant to put since the premier league era. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Hes out of contract I think?

Sounds like a typical Warnock signing. Hoilett mk 2.  Could be a good pickup if Warnock can get a tune out of him. 

He's probably been on £40k/£50k per week there.  I'm not sure if he'd be within our budget.

50 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

40k a week I heard Moore wanted, is that same figure you heard? 

Wolves also interested in Fry

I actually heard a while back that Wolves wanted to take Gibbo on the left of their back 3. Sure both would fancy Wolves far more than Burnley... 

12 minutes ago, tmcc said:

you missed out the key point of the number of goals hes scored and hes a free transfer. Also Warnock is renowned for his man management skills so i dont think a bad attitude is an issue.  Also i dont get your point with Monk as i dont think any of his signings were that bad:
Fletcher (showcased his talent this season),
Assombalonga (Clubs all time top scorer now) 
Braithwaite (went on to barncelona and is now tipped for a move to the prem)
 Howson (been one the few bit of quality of last few season)
Randoloph (easily championships best keeper when had him),
Shotton (solid defender),
Christe (played well and got a move to a bigger club)

he clearly knows good players just loves over paying for them, and id say that more of middlesbrough problem than monk problem. 

where are the getting the idea that Johnson did better than jones? there goals to game record in scotland is about the same if not better in favour of jones, also Jones form earned him a move to Rangers while Johnson moved to oxford...i think that says it all. 

oh my what i laugh i just had at your post there. you are a comedy genius.  take a bow sir.

Surely Ibe will have better teams after him then us? Probably the Fulham’s and top end champ teams etc. Can’t see him wanting to come to the north east either. I’d love him here tho, finally someone with natural pace and dribbling skills.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

oh my what i laugh i just had at your post there. you are a comedy genius.  take a bow sir.

please point out what you disagree with/ is so funny, iv already corrected the assombalonga all time scorer mistake as i meant since the premier league era/ turn of century).

The reality is we can do better than Jordan Jones and if we don't and we go into next season with him as a starting winger, we've downgraded our squad from the one with Patrick Roberts that barely avoided relegation 

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

The reality is we can do better than Jordan Jones and if we don't and we go into next season with him as a starting winger, we've downgraded our squad from the one with Patrick Roberts that barely avoided relegation 

like who? please give some examples so we critique them. i hear  jordan Ibe being thrown around? he was on 38K a week at Bournemouth, i would argue in our financial situation hes out of our league, even if he wanted half of that. 

1 minute ago, tmcc said:

like who? please give some examples so we critique them. i hear  jordan Ibe being thrown around? he was on 38K a week at Bournemouth, i would argue in our financial situation hes out of our league, even if he wanted half of that. 

Tavernier and Saville for a start

Just now, tmcc said:

But it's going to be such a long list man, we were just prepared to pay £2m and probably 10-20k a week for Moore and still would've needed 5-6 players so we do have a little bit of money. Be over a hundred players better than Jordan Jones with that sort of budget. 

Here's 3 from 1 club to kickstart the list, Oliver Burke/Kamil Grosicki/Jonathan Leko all from West brom potential loans 

Happy to see Wolves want Fry too. Hopefully we can between £15-20m for him. 

Where has Ibe link come from. 

Dont care about Moore. Rather have Martin..

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

But it's going to be such a long list man, we were just prepared to pay £2m and probably 10-20k a week for Moore and still would've needed 5-6 players so we do have a little bit of money. Be over a hundred players better than Jordan Jones with that sort of budget. 

Here's 3 from 1 club to kickstart the list, Oliver Burke/Kamil Grosicki/Jonathan Leko all from West brom potential loans 

Lopes from Hull

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Tavernier and Saville for a start

what about them? were discussing potential signings and iv asked for examples of players we can sign who are better than the ones were meant to be in for, saville and tavernier already play for us....

14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's probably been on £40k/£50k per week there.  I'm not sure if he'd be within our budget.

Probably not but hes done absolutely sweet fa at Bournemouth. He certainly wont have any prem teams after him. If hes coming to the championship he may have to be realistic with his demands. Signing a contract as a promising youngster after a big money move is a much stronger position than a relegated sides reject who hasn't played for 2 years. 

Just now, tmcc said:

what about them? were discussing potential signings and iv asked for examples of players we can sign who are better than the ones were meant to be in for, saville and tavernier already play for us....

Exactly so why spend money on Jones when we don’t even need him, he will not be better than we already have. Pointless signing, cheap and local doesn’t change that.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)