oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

7 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Brown played cm whilst on loan. I would like to see him there and see what he is like. Might be able to provide some link up play. 

To be fair, Browne could be the creative midfielder Warnock is looking for?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Admin! Admin! Please can you ensure this happens more often 😀

• Haha 2

I think Jones is below the level currently at the Club and adds nothing. Windass may be a useful squad player but I would want to know more detail about why Wigan loaned him to a competitor in Sheffield Wednesday.

30 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

One of, if not the main reason for Jones leaving Boro was because of off field local issues so I'm not sure him returning would be a plus for either the lad himself or the club. Him being "local" is more of a problem than a bonus. If similarly Windass has attitudinal or behavioural issues then we should also give him a wide berth.

As has been mentioned Browne is similar to Jones and is already at the club but with more potential so bringing Jones in for Browne wouldn't make sense. That doesn't however mean that I think Browne is going to be good enough to make it at Championship level, the jury is still out on him although I do think under Warnock could be the makings of him.

Browne is a funny one for me.  I like his enthusiasm and he seems to have quick feet and some skill, which is a decent start for an attacking player.  But from what I've seen so far he puts me in mind of a couple of previous Boro players - Jonny Greening and Carlos Marinelli.  I'm not talking about style of play, just the same feeling from watching them as I do watching him.  They were both players who I thought had 'something' but also lacked other things.  With Greening, he was ok at several things but not really good at any of them.  He had a bit of skill and the odd trick, he wasn't especially quick, his passing was tidy but not really incisive, he worked hard enough but it never seemed to amount to much.  With Marinelli he obviously had some skill but no pace at all and he was very one footed.  I think he might have been better suited coming through somewhere other than England although I doubt he'd have really amounted to much either way.  He showed flashes of something but no more than that.  That's what I feel about Browne so far, he has a bit of something but there is something(s) lacking as well.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Browne is a funny one for me.  I like his enthusiasm and he seems to have quick feet and some skill, which is a decent start for an attacking player.  But from what I've seen so far he puts me in mind of a couple of previous Boro players - Jonny Greening and Carlos Marinelli.  I'm not talking about style of play, just the same feeling from watching them as I do watching him.  They were both players who I thought had 'something' but also lacked other things.  With Greening, he was ok at several things but not really good at any of them.  He had a bit of skill and the odd trick, he wasn't especially quick, his passing was tidy but not really incisive, he worked hard enough but it never seemed to amount to much.  With Marinelli he obviously had some skill but no pace at all and he was very one footed.  I think he might have been better suited coming through somewhere other than England although I doubt he'd have really amounted to much either way.  He showed flashes of something but no more than that.  That's what I feel about Browne so far, he has a bit of something but there is something(s) lacking as well.

I dont think we really saw enough of Browne to judge him to be honest. He played 400 mins  accross 13 games for us. 

Hopefully he can prove here that he has something to offer.

21 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Yes my basic logic is if you spend 40 odd million to build a new team to get promoted then fail and get sacked before xmas for poor performance and being a slink. leaving a totally different manager to drag us up the table and scrape a place in the playoff.

yes basically that it isnt it. so basically you think.  if a manager signs loads of players that dont fit into any sort of system at all.  it doesnt make any of them bad signings, because your logic is: if you look at them individually without taking into account anything else (the stupid part) it makes each player look like a decent signing based on that individual signing alone. AND YOU CALLED MY OPTION DUMB. .mate you just been awarded an honorary degree is stupidity congratulations

where do i begin.

Again you missed my point, i made the point that the players were decent players, your main point again is behind the fact we overpaid, something i never denied and agree with so stop making it. also most of  your post seems to be attacking monk, iv never once defended monk and agree he was crap, the point im making that you keep failing to see is that the players he signed were good players, over priced yes, but good players. 
Just because

monk didnt get them to play well dosent make them bad players or signings, i think it highlights the ineptitude  of monk, BECAUCE as you quite rightly pointed out another manager came in and got this exact same group of players to move up the table into the playoffs highlighting their ability when managed properly.

"mate you just been awarded an honorary degree is stupidity congratulations"  firstly i think you meant in, secondly how old are you 12?

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

JONES might be a decent enough squad filler. probs mates with a few of the young lads anyway. slot straight into the bench a bench spot. cheap option. i accept it if it happens. 

We don’t need bench options. We need good players to improve the team. Signing players just to fill a squad makes no sense. Might as well just promote from the academy. Signings need to be improvements. 

• Like 7
10 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I dont think we really saw enough of Browne to judge him to be honest. He played 400 mins  accross 13 games for us. 

Hopefully he can prove here that he has something to offer.

I saw enough to judge him.  You're obviously just not as good as me at this football lark 🤭

I wasn't writing the lad off, just saying the feeling I got from watching him was a bit like the feeling I got from watching those players I mentioned.  There's nothing stopping him from improving anyway 👍

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We don’t need bench options. We need good players to improve the team. Signing players just to fill a squad makes no sense. Might as well just promote from the academy. Signings need to be improvements. 

Ye I totally agree, any signing we make has to be a player that improves our starting 11

49 minutes ago, tmcc said:

the last three season you mention in your post, we finished 6th and 7th in two of them the exact opposite of firefighting relegation, and in this 3rd most recent season, i dont think any boro fan would deny that the main reason for our struggle was the tactical ineptitude of Johnathon woodgate. 
This isnt to say the players are blameless but to imply the main reason for our current situation is because of the players and not poor club management at all levels seems to imply you've been living under a rock for the past 18 months. 

So because people have a different opinion to you they live under a rock? Tell me how Boro have progressed with the players we have in the past 18 months. To make it easy for you you dont have to mention either goals scored or position in the table.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)