oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

With Wing you get a spectacular goal every now and then but other than that he others very little as a Center midfielder. 

I wouldn't be too disappointed to lose Paddy or Lewis tbh as long as we replace with a more capable midfielder. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

but that was from the outside, maybe his perception has changed from within?

Yep true.

This not aimed at you @Mr_Maz but unlike some posters I am certainly not sat her wishing someone comes in for Paddy Sav or Wing. We got enough of a rebuild this summer without weakening one area of pitch we look fine in. If a good offer comes in then fine.

If anyone seen the last 8 games Sav did well. He covered a lot of ground and you need his type to allow rest of team to flourish. If people are expecting Sav to start banging in 10 goals a season for us like he did for Millwall to justify fee we paid for him they are sadly wasting they time. What I do hope Sav becomes and has shown he can become is an Adam Clayton type. Who came as a goalscoring midfielder but become a very good holding midfield. I feel him and Howson could form a very solid midfield pairing next season in the Clayton/Grant mould.

And as for Paddy. I get why he has his critics but he was our highest scoring midfielder with 6 goals. Them 6 goals coming in a side that were the lowest scorers in league and spent all season fightiing relegation. In a better functioning team with more goals aiming for play offs i can easily see him him hitting between 8-12 goals and if he does that I fully expect he will be back in favour with our fans.

I think we need to stop judging some of these players when they played in a poor team managed by an inept manager playing dysfunctional football on the whole. Give them a chance under a proper manager who knows how to set up a team and win football matches 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Hendrie_7 said:

If we're talking to Sheff Utd then I hope we've asked them about Callum Robinson or Luke Freeman on loan

Surely luke Freeman is a no brainer to try for a loan?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Surely luke Freeman is a no brainer to try for a loan?

Robinson would be near the top of my list. I doubt West brom will want him permanently since hes kinda already flopped in the prem. Pacey, can play anywhere across the front 3 and scores goals. If we do have money to spend he would be a good place to put it.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yep true.

This not aimed at you @Mr_Maz but unlike some posters I am certainly not sat her wishing someone comes in for Paddy Sav or Wing. We got enough of a rebuild this summer without weakening one area of pitch we look fine in. If a good offer comes in then fine.

If anyone seen the last 8 games Sav did well. He covered a lot of ground and you need his type to allow rest of team to flourish. If people are expecting Sav to start banging in 10 goals a season for us like he did for Millwall to justify fee we paid for him they are sadly wasting they time. What I do hope Sav becomes and has shown he can become is an Adam Clayton type. Who came as a goalscoring midfielder but become a very good holding midfield. I feel him and Howson could form a very solid midfield pairing next season in the Clayton/Grant mould.

And as for Paddy. I get why he has his critics but he was our highest scoring midfielder with 6 goals. Them 6 goals coming in a side that were the lowest scorers in league and spent all season fightiing relegation. In a better functioning team with more goals aiming for play offs i can easily see him him hitting between 8-12 goals and if he does that I fully expect he will be back in favour with our fans.

I think we need to stop judging some of these players when they played in a poor team managed by an inept manager playing dysfunctional football on the whole. Give them a chance under a proper manager who knows how to set up a team and win football matches 

I agree and was going to type the same earlier. but then thought that the likes of Wing and Mcnair are saleable assets that will help fund key positions and that  probably trumps everything else at the moment

I'd be shocked if that rumour is true because I can not imagine Lewis Wing as a premier league player.

Only Wilder out of those names could get anything out of him. Some cash and Luke Freeman would be the perfect move,  I'd honestly I'd laugh if that happened because that would be a class deal for us.

Wing is nowhere near premier league level. He’s not even a top end championship player. If anyone offers anything for him we should snap their hands off

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yep true.

lewis wings our highest scoring midfielder with 7...apart from that i agree with largely with what you said.

8 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I'd be shocked if that rumour is true because I can not imagine Lewis Wing as a premier league player.

Only Wilder out of those names could get anything out of him. Some cash and Luke Freeman would be the perfect move,  I'd honestly I'd laugh if that happened because that would be a class deal for us.

Would more likely be us paying them cash + wing for freeman surely?

8 hours ago, scottpilgrim said:

Can you explain the improvement to me then because I really dont see it.

His goal per game ratio has barely changed and he still misses a lot of chances.

You must be a bit thick I reckon😜

fletch can now trap a ball and is actually pretty composed coming in on goal. when he first signed he rushed everything. snatched shots, really heavy first touch. he was a wreck. i thought this lad is hopeless and will be banished to league two. but he is actually not bad now. gets his fair share of goals, often has good decision making and quite consistent. looks not worth 7 million but hes getting there. one 20 goal season and we'll get our money back on him easy.

• Like 3

Wing wasn't getting a start even when we had so few players that I think we were an injury away from Warnock naming himself as a sub. 

Assuming we replace Clayton and possibly bulk up the midfield even further, that's him even further down the pecking order, I'd say sell for a decent offer.

That said, I can't imagine there's much truth in it. Aside from having a cracking shot on him, and the ability to spray a decent pass once every couple of games, I really don't see what Wing would offer a Premier League team. I'd be surprised if Boro weren't the highest level his career hits.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)