oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

If we get reasonable offer for Wing or Mcnair I'd sell them as they do score us a few goals however as midfielders they don't dictate games or help defensively much. We need to build a steel core in midfield like we had with Clayton & Leadbitter something Wing & Mcnair fail to offer. As if Wing doesn't hit in a 30 yard screamer in a game what does he honestly provide.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I'm all for selling McNair and Wing as long as we put the cash to someone more exciting than Jonathan Hogg. We have to be careful though. We are taking out 13 goals from the lowest scoring team in the league and people seem happy to start the season with 1 goal George Saville and 0 goal Jonny Howson as our starting midfield pair.  Personally I'd much rather sell Saville. Not really seeing these improved performances I keep hearing about. Hes a 4/10 in every aspect for me, no pace, no pass, cant dribble, cant shoot, cant tackle. Doubt anyone would be daft enough to give us money for him though unfortunately.

• Like 1

So Warnock back at work today I reckon. I wonder whether we will see Friend/Johnson situations resolved?

Also some quick movement on transfers in and out.

I think McNair is probs the most likely to be off soonish. It would be a shame if Wing left I think - his goalscoring is brilliant and there should be a role in our squad for him.

Two fullbacks is my most pressing requirement. 

And surprisingly to me I do think we need a better, more all round goalkeeper. 

I'm guessing Gibson will be sorted one way or another soon - that has been dragging on for months.

Buckle in and let's see what happens.

3 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

I'm all for selling McNair and Wing as long as we put the cash to someone more exciting than Jonathan Hogg. We have to be careful though. We are taking out 13 goals from the lowest scoring team in the league and people seem happy to start the season with 1 goal George Saville and 0 goal Jonny Howson as our starting midfield pair.  Personally I'd much rather sell Saville. Not really seeing these improved performances I keep hearing about. Hes a 4/10 in every aspect for me, no pace, no pass, cant dribble, cant shoot, cant tackle. Doubt anyone would be daft enough to give us money for him though unfortunately.

As you say we are not going to get close to our money back for Saville, so I don't think he is a sellable option. McNair on the other hand we should be able to get our money back on and Wing came for nothing so that's all profit. And I don't think people want to start the season with Howson and Saville, but rather sell McNair and Wing to buy someone classy that will offer more than any player we currently have. 

9 hours ago, Blanco said:

Wing is nowhere near premier league level. He’s not even a top end championship player. If anyone offers anything for him we should snap their hands off

We bought Saville from Millwall on the back of a 10-goal season, so I don't think it's unrealistic to think, that other teams further up will look at Wing and be impressed that he scored 7 goals for a relegation threatened team who were also the lowest scorers. 3 million for a young, english goalscoring midfielder in the Championship isn't rare. I'd take it though 🙂 

I wonder sometimes if these so called links are more agents trying to drum up interest. Supposedly Marvin Johnson was in demand earlier this season but I fully expect him to stay on a reduced contract if we offer him one. I can’t see Wing going to the PL, just like I can’t see Ayala getting a big money move to a top team. 

4 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I wonder sometimes if these so called links are more agents trying to drum up interest. Supposedly Marvin Johnson was in demand earlier this season but I fully expect him to stay on a reduced contract if we offer him one. I can’t see Wing going to the PL, just like I can’t see Ayala getting a big money move to a top team. 

I'd guess about 90% is just crap agent talk. As you say Ayala was rumoured to go to Leeds on a huge deal, but I'd hazard a guess and say Leeds probably only sounded out his agent about his situation at Boro but at the same time knew they weren't going to sign him if they got promoted. I just don't see anyone paying 40k a week for Ayala. It's just agents doing their jobs. Players out of contract need to stay relevant and interest needs to be drummed up. Turns 30 in a few months, injury prone and only really experience from the Championship. Quality when fit in the Chamionship though.

1 hour ago, edinboro said:

So Warnock back at work today I reckon. I wonder whether we will see Friend/Johnson situations resolved?

Also some quick movement on transfers in and out.

I think McNair is probs the most likely to be off soonish. It would be a shame if Wing left I think - his goalscoring is brilliant and there should be a role in our squad for him.

Two fullbacks is my most pressing requirement. 

And surprisingly to me I do think we need a better, more all round goalkeeper. 

I'm guessing Gibson will be sorted one way or another soon - that has been dragging on for months.

Buckle in and let's see what happens.

I reckon mcnair will be off today/tommorrow hopefully use the money on some decent attacking players. Def need a new keeper I fancy Joe Hart, prob not realistic but would be a fantastic signing, leader big strong voice coming from the back.  New left back needed also no idea who though.  The people itk on here reckon gibbo is done just need warnocks approval, again a fantastic signing if we pull it off. 

4 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

I reckon mcnair will be off today/tommorrow hopefully use the money on some decent attacking players. Def need a new keeper I fancy Joe Hart, prob not realistic but would be a fantastic signing, leader big strong voice coming from the back.  New left back needed also no idea who though.  The people itk on here reckon gibbo is done just need warnocks approval, again a fantastic signing if we pull it off. 

I haven't read it as that close. We want(ed) him and Burnley still owe us money from the transfer but that's as far along as it is. No deal has been agreed iirc? I still don't think the wages is so straightforward though. The lad is on 40k at Burnley and surely we don't another one of those millstones around our necks. He'd have to take a monumental wagecut to come here. He's got two years left so his contract is still worth roughly 4 million at Burnley.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I haven't read it as that close. We want(ed) him and Burnley still owe us money from the transfer but that's as far along as it is. No deal has been agreed iirc? I still don't think the wages is so straightforward though. The lad is on 40k at Burnley and surely we don't another one of those millstones around our necks. He'd have to take a monumental wagecut to come here. He's got two years left so his contract is still worth roughly 4 million at Burnley.

sure i read was agreed before woodgate got the sack, season long loan with view to perm

3 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

I'm really glad that it's not just me that hasn't seen this improvement that people keep talking about. I thought he played OK in a couple of games in the restart but was truly shocking in some of the other games - qpr, Bristol and Cardiff he was the worst player on the pitch I thought (marvin maybe pipping him at the post in one or two). His limit seems to be "alright". Id prefer someone who has a higher ceiling and I think mcnair, howson and even wing all have higher ceilings with similar floors. Saville would be the first out the door of that bunch for me.

19 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Well it's Monday are we expecting a busy day?

In other news.....

Monk second favourite for Bournemouth job. Britt to Bournemouth if that happens?

image.gif.b02f2f6b45688446e610de063173ad86.gif

How does Monk keep getting jobs? He’s a fricken Charlton with a moral compass as crooked As a barrel of fishhooks

Where does it say Warnock is back at work today?

Gibson said everyone will take 2 weeks off and from that I assumed no one is officially reporting back until Monday 17th August which is date i expect pre season to resume.

Work will obviously be going on in  background but dont think Warnock back at his desk today so to speak 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)