oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

AV in EG has confirmed Warnock expected back at Rockcliffe today with possible date of Mon 16th Aug for pre season training resuming. That would means players have had over 3.5 weeks off with 4 weeks of pre season. Good balance between rest and preparation imo under circumstances.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Would sooner keep Wing than Saville.

Wing has more ability in his big toe that Saville does in his entire body.

Just now, mendieta420 said:

If they can get Wing back into some form he's guaranteed goals from midfield. He scored more last season than all of the others combined and that was barely playing.

This. Also it's difficult to quantify the effect a player like that can have at creating holes behind the defence. If they're focusing on him whenever he's within 30 yards of the box then Britt and Fletch should be able to exploit teams with clever runs in behind.

• Like 1

Wing's positional sense is absolutely none existent and there are some parts of his game no better than northern league. His tackling and heading for example are absolutely atrocious. He has obviously never had to develop that side of his game by being technically better than most in the non league, especially his shooting. So for the majority of his career to date he will have been able to just float around and not have to contribute defensively at all. 

As others have eluded to its because he is new to the professional game and its far more tactical than non league is. Thats why Saville plays, he knows where to position himself, he's a bit nasty, wins tackles and headers. He hasn't got any of Wings ball striking ability but he's much more tactically sound. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Will said:

This. Also it's difficult to quantify the effect a player like that can have at creating holes behind the defence. If they're focusing on him whenever he's within 30 yards of the box then Britt and Fletch should be able to exploit teams with clever runs in behind.

Problem is then you have to play him in a position where he can get 30 yards outside the box and not be useless the rest of the game, which I worry he might be in a Warnock midfield.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Will said:

Wing has more ability in his big toe that Saville does in his entire body.

I think if you're talking centre-midfield, doing the general graft, cleaning up after others or just providing a bit of muscle in midfield, Saville is definitely better.

Grabbing goals from midfield, clearly Wing would take that. It's how he does everything else which is absolutely questionable. I'd definitely like to keep him around as he just seems to know how to strike a ball but there's questions as to how valuable he can be under this manager.

He needs to work on his passing again, I remember watching him ping beautiful passes from all sorts of positions when he first came into the team and now I would barely trust him to make a 15-yard pass. I also wouldn't trust him to sit deep in a 3 or work as a 2 alongside anybody else for a full season. One thing I thought about him from the start is he needs to toughen up and I think that's still the case in order to make himself valuable in a proper midfield role.

Otherwise, he needs to be in a position to score goals or he's a wasted man. I'm pretty hesitant about giving Neil Warnock the reigns to transform our side then *** off in a year's time but if it's a Neil Warnock team we're gonna have, I'm really not sure how much Wing is going to offer us.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Problem is then you have to play him in a position where he can get 30 yards outside the box and not be useless the rest of the game, which I worry he might be in a Warnock midfield.

Where did Warnock play Tomlin, if he played him? That's the kind of player I'd see him like from Cardiff's squad.

Just now, Will said:

Where did Warnock play Tomlin, if he played him? That's the kind of player I'd see him like from Cardiff's squad.

I don't think he did very much; although I think Tomlin was having fitness troubles at the time.

33 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

AV in EG has confirmed Warnock expected back at Rockcliffe today with possible date of Mon 16th Aug for pre season training resuming. That would means players have had over 3.5 weeks off with 4 weeks of pre season. Good balance between rest and preparation imo under circumstances.

yeah pretty decent stint that. Game is at a level now where players never really rest completely anyway. Have to keep base fitness throughout the year now

24 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

Wing plays better when Tav is on the pitch. They’re always looking for each other, Tav making runs, winning free kicks in dangerous areas. 

I think it's just that Tav makes the whole team look better right now, been sublime under Warnock.

Still can’t believe that people can not see what Saville brings to the team. And to think they’d rather keep Wing? You do realise there’s more to playing football then scoring a few long shot goals every now and again? For example doing the hard work, winning the ball back, starting play, controlling the game etc. This isn’t secondary school football anymore. And for those that are saying Saville can’t shoot or is a 4/10. Savilles season before he came to us saw him get 10 goals, a better return then any of Wings. The season before the one just gone, under Pulis, Saville also scored more goals then Wing (league only). Not to mention the fact Wing plays significantly further forward. For those that rate Wing and would rather sell Saville, can you please tell me what he does other then shoot? 

• Like 11
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)