oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think it's just that Tav makes the whole team look better right now, been sublime under Warnock.

He has, it really baffled me that warnock was so hesitant to play him - he only got to start the last 3 games despite looking consistently excellent every time he came on.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

The bit earlier about Wing from the start vs a sub rings true. Same used to be the case for Tav. But Tav now influences when he comes on as well.

Wing needs more coaching. Way to early to be sending him on his way. He cost nothing so we don't need to get anything back.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think it's just that Tav makes the whole team look better right now, been sublime under Warnock.

Since the restart without checking stats I don't recall there being much game time between Wing and Tav on the pitch at the same time. Under Warnock Tav has been one of the stand outs without any doubt but before Warnock's arrival, under Pulis and Woodgate when the two have been on the pitch at the same time they do seem to have telepathy between them and read each others game well with some slick inter-passing.

12 minutes ago, edinboro said:

The bit earlier about Wing from the start vs a sub rings true. Same used to be the case for Tav. But Tav now influences when he comes on as well.

Wing needs more coaching. Way to early to be sending him on his way. He cost nothing so we don't need to get anything back.

Selling players you've paid nothing for is a really good thing for the finances and FFP. I'm guessing he is worth 0 in the books so it's all profit. That's why it's really great to regularly sell a homegrown talent or find someone on a Bosman that turns out to be brilliant.

Can't believe people are genuinely saying Wing is better than Saville. Wing at best should be used as an impact sub when we need a goal against a tight defence, he's a great option to have vs teams that play a low block. Other than that I really don't rate his ability, he can definitely improve and I'm sure he will with another full pro season. Saville will be one of our most important players next season and it's obvious Warnock rates him as well.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Will said:

This. Also it's difficult to quantify the effect a player like that can have at creating holes behind the defence. If they're focusing on him whenever he's within 30 yards of the box then Britt and Fletch should be able to exploit teams with clever runs in behind.

Didn’t we try that though at the beginning of the season. This isnt a criticism of Wing by the way. I like him. I would like to see him With better forwrds in front of him.

I believe it will be NW's way or the highway. I can't see Wing or McNair having the work ethic and pace for NW or staying if we get offers we deem acceptable. Other plays he wants to keep will only go if the money makes it good business etc.

13 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Didn’t we try that though at the beginning of the season. This isnt a criticism of Wing by the way. I like him. I would like to see him With better forwrds in front of him.

At the start of the season wasn't JW trying to make him work as a deep lying playmaker?

• Like 1

Little update for those who just want to catch up:

SIGNED:
Grant Hall (Free Agent)

LINKED (ITK):
Jack Clarke (Spurs)
Ben Gibson (Burnley)
Tyler Blackett (Reading)
Max Kilman (Wolves)
Mike Van der Hoorn (Free Agent)
Jonathan Hogg (Free Agent)
--
Dael Fry (Burnley, Wolves)
Lewis Wing ( Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Villa)

LINKED (MEDIA):
Abdoulaye Sissoko (Zulte Waregem)
Wesley Said (Toulouse)
Jordan Jones (Rangers)
--
Paddy McNair (Stoke)

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

At the start of the season wasn't JW trying to make him work as a deep lying playmaker?

Yep, that was his hope. Completely took away his threat by trying to turn him into Boro's Pirlo.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yep, that was his hope. Completely took away his threat by trying to turn him into Boro's Pirlo.

I thought it was stupid at the time but in retrospect it's even stupider. Way to nullify a player with one very clear and obvious threat to his game.

41 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Little update for those who just want to catch up:

SIGNED:
Grant Hall (Free Agent)

LINKED (ITK):
Jack Clarke (Spurs)
Ben Gibson (Burnley)
Tyler Blackett (Reading)
Max Kilman (Wolves)
Mike Van der Hoorn (Free Agent)
Jonathan Hogg (Free Agent)
--
Dael Fry (Burnley, Wolves)
Lewis Wing ( Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Villa)

LINKED (MEDIA):
Abdoulaye Sissoko (Zulte Waregem)
Wesley Said (Toulouse)
Jordan Jones (Rangers)
--
Paddy McNair (Stoke)

This is useful, but would be better on the front page.

4 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

This is useful, but would be better on the front page.

I have whacked it on the front page of this thread too, I hope @Smogzilla doesn't mind me editing his post & thanks to @Snowblind for writing it out!

This is something we go through every year, whether we need a "roundup" post/thread. lol

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I have whacked it on the front page of this thread too, I hope @Smogzilla doesn't mind me editing his post & thanks to @Snowblind for writing it out!

This is something we go through every year, whether we need a "roundup" post/thread. lol

Best laid plans and all that!

You know this thread has a mind of it's own and a round up somehow always gets swallowed during the process

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)