oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, TAPOUT said:

Didn’t we try that though at the beginning of the season. This isnt a criticism of Wing by the way. I like him. I would like to see him With better forwrds in front of him.

Must admit I do like Wing and I would be happier if we kept him.

The lad has talent but for whatever reason he became very indecisive in his decision making of late.( Will not accept comments that he simply is a naff player)

To me he is better suited higher up the field instead of the middle of the park.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

The lad has talent but for whatever reason he became very indecisive in his decision making of late.( Will not accept comments that he simply is a naff player)

To me he is better suited higher up the field instead of the middle of the park.

I think part of it will be confidence. Things weren't working so he was starting to second guess his decisions, snatch at chances and misplace passes. If he stays (IMO it's probably a pretty even 50/50 as to whether he gets sold or not) I hope NW can get some confidence into him again, and as Will mentioned earlier, maybe he could utilise him how he would have wanted to utilise Tomlin.

15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I have whacked it on the front page of this thread too, I hope @Smogzilla doesn't mind me editing his post & thanks to @Snowblind for writing it out!

This is something we go through every year, whether we need a "roundup" post/thread. lol

Fine by me!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I have whacked it on the front page of this thread too, I hope @Smogzilla doesn't mind me editing his post & thanks to @Snowblind for writing it out!

This is something we go through every year, whether we need a "roundup" post/thread. lol

Cheers @Brunners - happy to keep doing a round up every other day or so (work depending), then admin or @Smogzilla can just C&P it onto the OP. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I agree. Some of his long passes are really good at times and for that reason I thought he would thrive in a slightly deeper role. Obviously I completely overlooked the fact the lacks the physicality to play deeper. As with any number 10 though it does depend on whats in front of them as to their effectiveness. 
In general though I think thats the problem with the squad as a whole. Other than the goalies and CBs you could put a poll on the board for where people think each players best position is and you would probably get 2 or 3 different answers For each player. No wonder we lack an identity.

7 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Other than the goalies and CBs you could put a poll on the board for where people think each players best position is and you would probably get 2 or 3 different answers For each player. No wonder we lack an identity.

Bad enough when it's a bunch of random people on the internet have no idea. The real problem comes when the manager is the same.

• Like 2

Where do we all think Howsons best position is? 
Warnock has raved about him since being here. No doubt he’s one of the first names on the team-sheet for the coming season. But where? Holding midfield was where he was played, but I’m not sure if that’s his best position🤔 Where do you guys think?

7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Warnock has raved about him since being here. No doubt he’s one of the first names on the team-sheet for the coming season. But where? Holding midfield was where he was played, but I’m not sure if that’s his best position🤔 Where do you guys think?

I think he's best in a 3 in midfield with a proper holding midfielder and a more creative midfielder who has licence to roam. I'd like to see that player be tav with wing as back up, saville or mcnair be back up to howson and a brand new holding midielder to come in to replace whichever one of mcnair or saville (hopefully) gets sold.

Edit - same goes for if we play a 4231 to be fair, only with tav as the 10 and howson and a holding midfielder as a two, with howson taking on the leadbitter role. 

• Like 1

I would have said Attacking Midfield a few years back but with his defensive displays at RB and even CB allied to his previous goal scoring exploits drying up since he come to Boro I think Defensive Midfield. Likewise I think similar with Saville, they are both experienced at this level but they are both capable of getting up and adding a threat in attack. Saville has added experience against some of the world's finest playing in NI Internationals, scrapping and battling for results. Under Warnock I can see those two being a formidable obstacle but not ultra negative.

16 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Honestly? I'd like to see him in a sort of sweeper role - but I don't think a system like that would suit our squad. He'd have the versatility to change a back 3/5 into a back 4 instantly, whilst also linking the defence to the midfield and being the catalyst for building from the back.

In reality though, I don't think we have a technically adept, or intelligent, enough squad to play any sort of system like that. So probably a holding anchor man role. Still the lynchpin.

30 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

At another football club.

• Confused 1

I think that he no longer has the speed to be in the last line of defence...he was caught out a number of times in the run-in, one of which led to the red card,  although he is fairly consistent, he doesn't have the physicality to compete in the centre of the park and I suppose by default that puts him as a left hand midfielder.. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)