oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

26 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:
34 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Mcnair linked to celtic, bidding war hopefully. If we can get our money back on him I'll be delighted

He'd surely choose Stoke, being a Rangers fan.

He'd *surely* choose a low level Championship team over a Champions League team where he'd be almost certain to win trophies?

Rangers fan or not, that would be a baffling career choice?  

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

He'd *surely* choose a low level Championship team over a Champions League team where he'd be almost certain to win trophies?

If you're a Rangers fan, you don't play for Celtic. And the same in reverse. The sectarian faultlines run very deep up here. The only exception I can think of in living memory is Mo Johnstone, and even then his dad supported Rangers while Mo was a Celtic supporter.

A few Catholics have played for Rangers in recent decades, but they weren't Hoops fans when they joined.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

If you're a Rangers fan, you don't play for Celtic. And the same in reverse. The sectarian faultlines run very deep up here. The only exception I can think of in living memory is Mo Johnstone, and even then his dad supported Rangers while Mo was a Celtic supporter.

A few Catholics have played for Rangers in recent decades, but they weren't Hoops fans when they joined.

I'd say the sectarianism runs even deeper when he's a Northern Irish Rangers supporter.

Can't see him going there at all.

• Like 2

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I'd say the sectarianism runs even deeper when he's a Northern Irish Rangers supporter.

Rangers might go in for him straight swap with Morelos 🙂

2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Rangers might go in for him straight swap with Morelos 🙂

Morelos has got a bit of the devil about him. I very much doubt he'd come here, but he'd give opposition defences the s**ts and I'd love to see him terrorising Championship keepers at set pieces.

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

Morelos has got a bit of the devil about him. I very much doubt he'd come here, but he'd give opposition defences the s**ts and I'd love to see him terrorising Championship keepers at set pieces.

Pritty sure hes off to Lille for big money, but would be perfect for us like.

6 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Pritty sure hes off to Lille for big money, but would be perfect for us like.

Maybe Rangers want Britt?

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

As stated above, he'd either stay or go to Stoke over going to Celtic if he is a genuine Rangers fan and has particular alliances

2 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Maybe Rangers want Britt?

Rangers bought Kemar Roofe yesterday so doubt they are looking at an expensive championship striker.

Britt will see out his contract. You aren't going to get anyone who will take on his wages. 

6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Rangers bought Kemar Roofe yesterday so doubt they are looking at an expensive championship striker.

They bought a Swiss striker also yesterday..

6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yep and they signed a striker from Switzerland too yesterday. Them two along with Defoe suggests they ok for strikers even if Moreleos leaves

3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Britt will see out his contract. You aren't going to get anyone who will take on his wages. 

Let's just hope he has a good season and wants to extend on more reasonable wages. But I'd hazard a guess and say he will find a better contract on a free in a years leaving us with a hugely expensive nothing. 15 mil fee and about 7-8 million in wages over 4 years.