oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

19 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Let's just hope he has a good season and wants to extend on more reasonable wages. But I'd hazard a guess and say he will find a better contract on a free in a years leaving us with a hugely expensive nothing. 15 mil fee and about 7-8 million in wages over 4 years.

I reckon we probably have a year option on his contract, so if he has a good year hopefully we can trigger it and either get a decent fee or have him an extra year.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Will said:

I reckon we probably have a year option on his contract, so if he has a good year hopefully we can trigger it and either get a decent fee or have him an extra year.

He's not going to have a decent year though, he has never scored more than 15 league goals in the Championship.  He's only managed more than 15 once, in League One.  He'll never be good enough for a team hopeful of promotion.  In my opinion. If he brought anything else to the team apart from goals it would be a different matter, but he rarely does.

• Confused 2
59 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

If you're a Rangers fan, you don't play for Celtic. And the same in reverse. The sectarian faultlines run very deep up here. The only exception I can think of in living memory is Mo Johnstone, and even then his dad supported Rangers while Mo was a Celtic supporter.

A few Catholics have played for Rangers in recent decades, but they weren't Hoops fans when they joined.

Aren't Paul Lambert and Kenny Miller both Rangers fans? 

It may be that I'm wrong, and that McNair would never play for Celtic in a million years. But I just think it's fair to question whether he'd go to an abysmal Stoke side over Celtic if those were his two options.

40 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Rangers bought Kemar Roofe yesterday so doubt they are looking at an expensive championship striker.

What a weird career trajectory he is having.

• Like 2

Offensive_Duels_Graph.png

Defensive_Duels_Graph.png

Ball_Progression_Graph.png

Chance_Creation_Graph.png

Found these stat charts of LBs around the country from last season from a Sunderland fan site, it's interesting seeing how highly above the average Coulson scores in runs and winning duels though he comes in below par on successful forward passes and expected assists confirming what we all saw which is he can't quite put it together when he gets near the opposition box. Maybe Warnock will look at those stats and think he has something to work on or maybe he'll do what he did with Paterson at Cardiff and shift him into midfield/attack.

• Like 4

I know some people have been asking about Leo.

According to Warnock, he is staying.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-boss-warnock-leo-percovich-18717221

But when asked if Percovich still has a role, he said: “Very much so. 

“I think Ronnie and Blackie have got on really well with him and he’s the best we’ve ever known at putting substitutes on and telling everybody what they’re doing and who they’re marking, pretty amazing that so it might be a new job for somebody - substitute coach!”

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Aren't Paul Lambert and Kenny Miller both Rangers fans? 

It may be that I'm wrong, and that McNair would never play for Celtic in a million years. But I just think it's fair to question whether he'd go to an abysmal Stoke side over Celtic if those were his two options.

As a Player when representing Northern Ireland Lennon received the dog's abuse from the Home fans at Linfield's Windsor Park. When he was due to captain his country in 2002, a death threat was made via a phone call to the BBC and as a consequence Lennon had to quit international football altogether.

Being a Catholic and representing Northern Ireland while he played at Leicester was uncomfortable for the Home fans (Linfield's Windsor Park is a staunchly Loyalist enclave where Catholics daren't venture)  but they could bite their lip and try not to cheer him. However once he followed Martin O'Neil up to Celtic that was a tipping point. Supporting a team with a Catholic in it (or at best just ignoring the fact) was difficult but to have a Celtic Catholic representing Loyalist Northern Ireland was emotionally unacceptable to them.

Considering that Lennon has had bullets sent to him in the post along with a mountain of hate, abuse and death threats that he now responds to in no uncertain terms by being blatantly antagonistic rather than playing the victim would put any prospective Northern Irish Player in a very difficult and dangerous situation. I'm certain that Lennon will know of McNair's background and maybe its just a "wee wind up" for a bit of fun or it may be genuine but it would put McNair and potentially his family in a very awkward position with some neanderthal bigoted nut jobs.

In that context, playing for Stoke with an ex Northern Ireland Manager who is regarded as a hero in the province seems a bit of a no brainer to me.

28 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

He's not going to have a decent year though, he has never scored more than 15 league goals in the Championship.  He's only managed more than 15 once, in League One.  He'll never be good enough for a team hopeful of promotion.  In my opinion. If he brought anything else to the team apart from goals it would be a different matter, but he rarely does.

Stay positive 👍

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/08/05/slaven-bilic-listen-offers-kieran-gibbs-west-brom-aim-streamline/

West brom lookin g to offload a few players. Wonder if there's any in the we might be interested in 

I may be wrong but I would imagine most of the players they want to offload will be on money way beyond we are offering now.  I imagine at most we may have one ‘marquee’ £2-3m signing but the rest will be frees or League one types.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I may be wrong but I would imagine most of the players they want to offload will be on money way beyond we are offering now.  I imagine at most we may have one ‘marquee’ £2-3m signing but the rest will be frees or League one types.

Yeah hard to see us picking up Oliver Burke who they massively overpaid for at what 15 million pounds? When our only current winger linked in Jordan Jones is priced at 500k.

Same for Zohore even if they'll take a 50% hit I can't see even Steve Gibson sanctioning anything near 4 million for Kenneth Zohore plus his healthy wages, maybe no one bites and we still need a striker come October we can work out a late loan move for him but that's the only way I see Zohore coming in.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Yeah hard to see us picking up Oliver Burke who they massively overpaid for at what 15 million pounds? When our only current winger linked in Jordan Jones is priced at 500k.

Same for Zohore even if they'll take a 50% hit I can't see even Steve Gibson sanctioning anything near 4 million for Kenneth Zohore plus his healthy wages, maybe no one bites and we still need a striker come October we can work out a late loan move for him but that's the only way I see Zohore coming in.

Good. Zohore is 1 mio. pound player anyway. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)