oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I thought he said the club rather than the player said they wouldn't have a decision for him (Warnock) until the 24th or 25th on the loan player? Might be to do with the pre season scheduling of the club?

Luke Freeman has been mooted as available for a loan could be him or maybe a Villa player since their squad is huge, can't see Warnock wanting anyone under 23 as his main loan target I'm just hoping we don't end up going for complete deadwood like a Wickham the type of injury prone Prem loans we've been linked with in the past.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Adamjr9 said:

Must be a player at city or Chelsea then... Roberts?

Could be Gibson, if he has to quarantine for 14 days once his holiday is over. 

If anyone deserves a holiday, it’s that lad, after the season that he’s had!

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Ohh right, with you now, sorry!

It's my fault.  I should have said 'is there something significant with the 25th August?'.  I was just looking for a possible clue as to the club and then the player's identity.

• Like 1

Little update before I go on shift:

SIGNED:
Grant Hall (Free Agent)

LINKED (ITK):
Jack Clarke (Spurs)
Ben Gibson (Burnley)
Tyler Blackett (Reading)
Max Kilman (Wolves)
Mike Van der Hoorn (Free Agent)
Jonathan Hogg (Free Agent)
--
Dael Fry (Burnley, Wolves)
Lewis Wing ( Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Villa)

LINKED (MEDIA):
Abdoulaye Sissoko (Zulte Waregem)
Wesley Said (Toulouse)
Jordan Jones (Rangers)
Loic Mbe Soh (PSG)
Armand Gnanduille (Free Agent)
--
Paddy McNair (Stoke)

• Like 11
2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Have our scouts consistently found bad players? Or have the players we've brought in been utilised wrong?

Well considering the fact we've tried to get shot of half the players we try to sign within 12 months, it doesn't look good on them, does it? 😬

• Like 1

To be fair our head scout according to Warnock is Sam Jackson who joined the club in April so this is his first window I know Gill's still there but Warnock mentioned Sam when talking recruitment and it's Sams phone number he said he was handing out to agents and who he was sat watching footage with + getting names from so we do seem to have new blood on the recruitment side this summer.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/samjackson94

He has 4 years at a semi major domestic agency on his resume he might actually be a good hire.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/world-in-motion/beraterfirma/berater/1061

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 2
58 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Well considering the fact we've tried to get shot of half the players we try to sign within 12 months, it doesn't look good on them, does it? 😬

True, but consider in that time (just over 12 months) we are on our 3rd manager.

Personally I think the scouting team get more flack than they probably deserve, due to other inefficient practices at the club. 

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

True, but consider in that time (just over 12 months) we are on our 3rd manager.

Personally I think the scouting team get more flack than they probably deserve, due to other inefficient practices at the club. 

But some of those players didn't perform for the manager who apparently wanted those players? Marvin Johnson, Jonny Howson, Ashley Fletcher? George Saville, Aden Flint, Paddy McNair? Rudy Gestede and Adlene Guedioura? Viktor Fischer, Antonio Barragan, Adama Traore, Bernardo? And most recently, Marcus Browne and Marc Bola all out on loan within 6 months of joining to challenge for the first team?

How many of those eventually met with any kind of success under a different manager than the one who was here when they signed?

• Like 1

Oliver burke again, a transfer window will never go by without us being linked. 

Hes 23 now and has still failed to make any kind of an impact at any club since forest - and that was a very short one  over the course of  a few games. Hes basically a luke Williams or Harry Chapman at this point. Would take a punt on him if we could get him for free or loan on very low wages but I really hope we wouldn't invest any significant money into him 

41 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

But some of those players didn't perform for the manager who apparently wanted those players? Marvin Johnson, Jonny Howson, Ashley Fletcher? George Saville, Aden Flint, Paddy McNair? Rudy Gestede and Adlene Guedioura? Viktor Fischer, Antonio Barragan, Adama Traore, Bernardo? And most recently, Marcus Browne and Marc Bola all out on loan within 6 months of joining to challenge for the first team?

How many of those eventually met with any kind of success under a different manager than the one who was here when they signed?

Of that list which ones do you think were actually recommended by the scouts? I'd argue very few. Obviously I'm not privvy to which ones genuinely are. But from the outside looking in Johnson and Fletcher seemed to be very much choices by Monk. Flint and McNair seemed to be Pulis choices. Bola and Brown were alledgedly in Woodgate's interview presentations. Howson, Saville, Gestede and Guedioura were all known quantities. It's widely known that Barragan was used as a make weight in the Negredo deal.

So is it a case of a manager identifying players that they want that ultimately aren't good? Or is it the scouting department coming up with bad suggestions?

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)