Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Recommended Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8607479/Middlesbrough-fighting-Cardiff-City-sign-Wigan-Athletic-striker-Kieffer-Moore.html

Kieffer Moore is still on apparently, Warnock's a tenacious sod I'll give him that the report last week made it sound like the lad was looking for houses in Cardiff already.

Bit of clarity in there as well on what's actually happened, the reports a couple of weeks ago of 4 clubs meeting his buyout seem to be true they say Moore has turned down QPR and Millwall and is deciding between us and Cardiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moore apparently deciding between us and Cardiff. I think he will be very good for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Would be very happy with signing him if the fee wasn't too daft.

His buyout's set at 1.8 million because of relegation I believe that was the reported number give or take, 4 clubs triggered it weeks ago was the reporting we were obviously 1 but the rumours since have been Moore trying to play off the clubs to get bigger contract offers looks like we made the final 2 but will we get the rose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

His buyout's set at 1.8 million because of relegation I believe that was the reported number give or take, 4 clubs triggered it weeks ago was the reporting we were obviously 1 but the rumours since have been Moore trying to play off the clubs to get bigger contract offers looks like we made the final 2 but will we get the rose...

Aha, that's not bad at all.

Presumably his wages would still be significantly lower than Assombalonga's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Amos, holliet, Moore all be good establishd signings for us, straight in the starting 11, let's get them over the line. Add Gibbo a keeper and a left back, and we're back in business. 

Edited by scotty189
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anybody know any news on assombalonga? i heard a few weeks ago that it looked like he was off, but nothing mentioned for a while now. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Aha, that's not bad at all.

Presumably his wages would still be significantly lower than Assombalonga's.

I thought one of the ITK people said he was after £40k per week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, tmcc said:

anybody know any news on assombalonga? i heard a few weeks ago that it looked like he was off, but nothing mentioned for a while now. 

Since when was it in the news he was off no way will any club come in to offer us £10 million ish and take his around 35k a week wages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Since when was it in the news he was off no way will any club come in to offer us £10 million ish and take his around 35k a week wages. 

a mate of mine who is  '' ITK'' told me a while back said he wanted to leave. 

 

 

Edited by tmcc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Since when was it in the news he was off no way will any club come in to offer us £10 million ish and take his around 35k a week wages. 

Who thought we would get £10m? His value in accounts will be under £4m now, so anything above that gets us a profit For FFP this year and saves us £2m in wages. Alternative is to keep him and lose him next year for nothing, so they might prefer to take money now and invest it elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought one of the ITK people said he was after £40k per week?

He might want that, but I'd be shocked if the club offered that.

But we've made so many daft deals over the years, so who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He might want that, but I'd be shocked if the club offered that.

But we've made so many daft deals over the years, so who knows.

We wouldn't offer that, absolutely nowhere close. If anyone offers bloody Keiffer Moore even half of that they've gone mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tmcc said:

a mate of mine who is  '' ITK'' told me a while back said he wanted to leave. 

 

 

to add to this also said lyle taylor was pretty much done...but again that was a few weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...