oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Just now, macapes said:

Moore of course is an assist king.  Except, that's not the case.  His only full season in the Championship and he managed 5 assists, but only scored 10.  Britt has a couple of seasons scoring 15 and assisting a couple as well.  I

In fact, he's a few months older than Britt and has 20 assists in total, versus Britt's 17 (according to transfermarkt), which I guess makes him almost equally abysmal. 

Maybe there's someone else out there better than Britt and Moore. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Maybe there's someone else out there better than Britt and Moore. 

I mean, yeah, there obviously is.  But that's not the current debate. 

Moore who scores one in 300 minutes at Championship level and assists less than 5 a season, with one full season in Championship, and Britt who scores 1 in 180 minutes consistently at Championship level and assists less than 4 a season.  One of these is better than the other.

24 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Britt has NEVER scored more than 15 goals in the Championship.  

Britt scored that under Pulis, who randomly benched him for weeks at a time, consistently told him he was rubbish and played awful football.   Not sure you can point the finger at him for a lack of goals in those years.

But, we've had this debate before.  

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

One costs £1.8m, one cost £15m.

It's not a surprise that Assombalonga is better at scoring, but he's a huge money sink on big wages.

Which is not any of our problems?  Nor is it his.  The suggestion was that Moore is an upgrade.  Which is blatantly nonsense.

2 minutes ago, macapes said:

Which is not any of our problems?  Nor is it his.  The suggestion was that Moore is an upgrade.  Which is blatantly nonsense.

Of course it's our problem?

If Assombalonga cost us far less and was on what the club still considered acceptable wages, we wouldn't be trying to move him on.

1 minute ago, macapes said:

Warnock probably sees him as an upgrade for the 1 striker system, something Britt has never been good at.

7 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

There aren’t many strikers that guarantee goals in the championship and Britt is one of them. £4-5 million is absolutely criminal. 

There are, and have been, loads.

Most of them just get picked up by Premier League clubs. There's a reason Assombalonga hasn't been.

Lewis Grabban was bought for £6m and he's a better player.

Assombalonga is in the last year of his contract, and has scored 1 in 3 for us, which is good but not incredible. He's a decent striker in terms of goal return, but we'd be lucky to get half of our fee back for him.

Edited by TeaCider24

Britt is one of the most limited strikers I’ve ever watched. He is constantly offside, making wrong decisions and missing simple chances week after week. Yes he gets 10-15 a season but I would argue that the teams he has played for would all have scored more goals and finished higher with a more rounded striker. I would go as far to say he holds the team back. 

Fletcher isn’t the finished article but he has 20 goal contributions in the league this season, and it’s enjoyable to watch a striker link up with the rest of the team and see him improving. He’d be my first choice striker every day of the week next season.

Has Britt improved at all in the 3 years he’s been here? 

• Like 6
49 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Why would Britt be a better partner for Moore than Fletcher?  

Britt is busier in the box, uses his strength with ball at his feet to create a bit of space to get his shots off. He needs lots of shots though to score. Fletcher does not use his physical strength at all as far as I can see, needs more than one touch to get the ball under control and has the turning circle of the titanic.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)