oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Sorry, so Britt is definitely leaving? He has something lined up? That extra ‘was’ in the sentence is confusing me a bit.

i was told this about 3 weeks ago, no potential clubs were mentioned andi dont think anything was lined up at the time so ill take it as  more of implication that the club was/is looking to sell him.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, tmcc said:

i was told this about 3 weeks ago, no potential clubs were mentioned andi dont think anything was lined up at the time so ill take it as  more of implication that the club was/is looking to sell him.

Ah, ok. 👍

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/bunley-transfer-news-gibson-middlesbrough-18310323

Burnley's local pushing the same thing they heard a month ago that Burnley are very keen on Fry still and it's possible they offer Gibson as a makeweight to make it happen.

I'd price Fry at 5-7 million plus Gibson myself but last summer our valuation was 20 million plus after Woodgate's got ahold of Fry I'm not really sure what his value is or frankly what an AWOL player like Gibsons value is at this point we shouldn't rush to make this deal anyway Burnley are the club over a barrel.

10 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I mean I'm fine going back to the days when 2 million pound signings were a big deal for us and in this market without his clause and Wigan's relegation he'd command 5 million plus easily just look at Zohore, Hugill, Waghorn etc.

Bit harsh to say Moore's not up to it he's just turned 28 is a full Wales international, is 6 foot 5 but has a good touch and engine on him there's plenty of upside to him even if Warnock's promotion charge falls short. If we want a 'proven' near 20 goal Championship striker look at Adams/Maupay/Watkins pricetags the best we can do is pick up a double figures striker like Moore on the cheap build the attack around him get midfield runners around him he will win more aerials than Britt and given the league we're in and the manager we have that's a big deal off the bat the assists/goals are important but sometimes you have to look at how the player would fit in your system I think he'd lead the line perfectly bigger question is who will be put wide of him and can our fullbacks cross a ball because deep crosses to him will be key in Warnocks system.

Sorry, what would the upside be?  Let's say we don't get promoted this coming season, which is the most likely outcome, and he scores about 10 goals again, which I would also say is a likely outcome.  Where is the plenty of upside on this player in that scenario?

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Sorry, what would the upside be?  Let's say we don't get promoted this coming season, which is the most likely outcome, and he scores about 10 goals again, which I would also say is a likely outcome.  Where is the plenty of upside on this player in that scenario?

Didn't you hear, Warnock's going to get us promoted

36 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Look the important thing is does this Moore chap grin when he misses easy chances? 

Because if not, sign him up!

image.png

Hahahahaha, I missed it by this much and I don't care!  Suckers!

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

i think the point is that if we sign him for 1.8 mil, and he scores 10 goals, theres every chance we would get more for him after that as a 10 goal striker in this champ now is probs going for 5 mil easy.
there's not to much risk in signing him for the price of 1.8 mil as even if he has some what bad season say only scores like 7 goals, we would probably be able to sell him at the price we signed him. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We've not sunk another £15m on a player who also never looked like getting us promoted.

Even if he only scores 10 in his first season for £2m, I'd say that's infinitely better than scoring 14 in a first season for £15m.

We'd also have knocked some of the loss off the Assombalonga transfer, and could likely sell Moore for more than £2m if need be.

• Like 2
Just now, tmcc said:

i think the point is that if we sign him for 1.8 mil, and he scores 10 goals, theres every chance we would get more for him after that as a 10 goal striker in this champ now is probs going for 5 mil easy.
there's not to much risk in signing him for the price of 1.8 mil as even if he has some what bad season say only scores like 7 goals, we would probably be able to sell him at the price we signed him. 

In a year's time he's 29 years old.  I'll bet any money you like that the contract he gets here will be bigger than he could get in a years time if he's only scored 10 goals again.  So who are we selling him to for more money and who is he leaving to join for a bigger contract?  It's not gonna happen.  The only upside would be if he had a really good season and that's basically the same for every player we ever sign.  This isn't a 20 year old kid with bags of untapped potential that we're talking about here.  And frankly, if he wasn't a big bugger, nobody would want us to sign him at all.  He's a cheaper Welsh version of Gestede but without Gestede's 'track record' at this level.

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Cutting bait on a striker who in your scenario has double figures 2 seasons running in the championship is extremely easy if we were sinking in a bigger fee I'd agree with you but at the 1.8-2 million pound price we could easily make back double that a year from now probably more if he gets double figures again.

I'd prefer Moore than chancing it on an SPL striker my worry is not if we sign Moore it's if we don't because League 1s best striker is costing 8 million apparently and buying a teams best striker in the same league costs fortunes (see:Britt Assombalonga).

Unless we get a daft offer for Britt he’s not going, we’re going to offer a new contract as well. 

No idea on the Moore deal.

Gibson’s coming back one way or another 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 10
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We've not sunk another £15m on a player who also never looked like getting us promoted.

Even if he only scores 10 in his first season for £2m, I'd say that's infinitely better than scoring 14 in a first season for £15m.

We'd also have knocked some of the loss off the Assombalonga transfer, and could likely sell Moore for more than £2m if need be.

I'm not interested in previous mistakes we've made.  If you compare everything to the worst scenarios then things will always look better.  I'm asking what is the plenty of upside for this player signing for us right now?

9 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/bunley-transfer-news-gibson-middlesbrough-18310323

Burnley's local pushing the same thing they heard a month ago that Burnley are very keen on Fry still and it's possible they offer Gibson as a makeweight to make it happen.

I'd price Fry at 5-7 million plus Gibson myself but last summer our valuation was 20 million plus after Woodgate's got ahold of Fry I'm not really sure what his value is or frankly what an AWOL player like Gibsons value is at this point we shouldn't rush to make this deal anyway Burnley are the club over a barrel.

I thought last year when the rumours were there that we would maybe get £8-10m plus Gibson. Now , due to covid god knows where valuations are going. Like you say though, Burnley should be more desperate to shift Gibson than we should be to lose Fry. He hasn’t had a standout season but at 22 I cant think of a CB in the championship with a lot more experience, game time and ability. If we were to get offered £8m plus Gibson it would probably fund the rebuild. So needs must. I would defy any centreback to have played as regularly as he has in so many different formations with so many defensive partners and goalies to have looked standout. There was also a rumour that he wouldn’t leave as well.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Unless we get a daft offer for Britt he’s not going, we’re going to offer a new contract as well. 

No idea on the Moore deal.

Gibson’s coming back one way or another 

When you say one way or another, do you mean loan or permanent or am I reading too much into that?

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Cutting bait on a striker who in your scenario has double figures 2 seasons running in the championship is extremely easy if we were sinking in a bigger fee I'd agree with you but at the 1.8-2 million pound price we could easily make back double that a year from now probably more if he gets double figures again.

I'd prefer Moore than chancing it on an SPL striker my worry is not if we sign Moore it's if we don't because League 1s best striker is costing 8 million apparently and buying a teams best striker in the same league costs fortunes (see:Britt Assombalonga).

A player who has scored 10 goals in two seasons at age 29?  You think we'd get £4/£5m for him?  Who is going to spend that kind of money and offer him a better contract than he'll be on here?   I just don't see it at all.  Younger players maybe or even someone with a good track record but he is neither of those.  If he was available for £5m now do we think there would be a lot of competition for him because I don't.  I don't even think we'd be in for him at that kinda price.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)