oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Unless we get a daft offer for Britt he’s not going, we’re going to offer a new contract as well. 

No idea on the Moore deal.

Gibson’s coming back one way or another 

I like the sound of this.

Said all along Gibson being a left footed centre back is huge. We've missed having one so much.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:
6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Unless we get a daft offer for Britt he’s not going, we’re going to offer a new contract as well. 

No idea on the Moore deal.

Gibson’s coming back one way or another 

When you say one way or another, do you mean loan or permanent or am I reading too much into that?

Bundled into the back of a van at gunpoint if necessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Obviously people at the club appreciate his lovely smile more than our horrible fans do 😁

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

In a year's time he's 29 years old.  I'll bet any money you like that the contract he gets here will be bigger than he could get in a years time if he's only scored 10 goals again.  So who are we selling him to for more money and who is he leaving to join for a bigger contract?  It's not gonna happen.  The only upside would be if he had a really good season and that's basically the same for every player we ever sign.  This isn't a 20 year old kid with bags of untapped potential that we're talking about here.  And frankly, if he wasn't a big bugger, nobody would want us to sign him at all.  He's a cheaper Welsh version of Gestede but without Gestede's 'track record' at this level.

29 isnt old anymore, i mean forrest paid 7 mil for a 30 year old lewis grabbon, bristol signed Wells 29 for over 5 mil.  also find me a championship striker whos 29 who scored 10+ plus goals that was signed for less than 1.8 million, i dont think there are many if any.

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm not interested in previous mistakes we've made.  If you compare everything to the worst scenarios then things will always look better.  I'm asking what is the plenty of upside for this player signing for us right now?

Moore scoring 10 is far from the worst scenario.

Assombalonga almost never contributes to goals he hasn't scored himself, Moore managed more this season than Assombalonga ever has for us.

I also do buy in to one of the previous poster's arguments that Assombalonga's style makes it harder for other players to score.

I don't think Moore is close to the best signing we could make, but he's far from the worst.

3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

29 isnt old anymore, i mean forrest paid 7 mil for a 30 year old lewis grabbon.  also find me a championship striker whos 29 who scored 10+ plus goals that was signed for less than 1.8 million, i dont think there are many if any.

Lewis Grabban has five separate seasons where he's scored more Championship goals than Moore has.  He's had three seasons of over 20 goals.  Of course Forest were prepared to pay that much for him, he's a regular goal scorer at this level.  Moore isn't that.  He's not even prolific below this level where his best seasons were 13 goals and then 17 goals in League One.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Moore scoring 10 is far from the worst scenario.

Assombalonga almost never contributes to goals he hasn't scored himself, Moore managed more this season than Assombalonga ever has for us.

I also do buy in to one of the previous poster's arguments that Assombalonga's style makes it harder for other players to score.

You keep comparing him to Assombalonga.  I'm asking what the plenty of upside is for this signing.  Saying that he's not Assombalonga doesn't count 🙂

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You keep comparing him to Assombalonga.  I'm asking what the plenty of upside is for this signing.  Saying that he's not Assombalonga doesn't count 🙂

Given he's presumably planned as a direct replacement for Assombalonga, yes it does.

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Lewis Grabban has five separate seasons where he's scored more Championship goals than Moore has.  He's had three seasons of over 20 goals.  Of course Forest were prepared to pay that much for him, he's a regular goal scorer at this level.  Moore isn't that.  He's not even prolific below this level where his best seasons were 13 goals and then 17 goals in League One.

but your point was that over 29 is old and cant command a fee?, if kieffer moore was 29 and  had two seasons back to back of 10 goals in championship, do you really think we wouldnt get 1.8 million for him?  this is the point i take issue with. i agree grabbon is a much better player but im using to highlight that age dosent matter and players can still go for large sums regardless of age, nakhi wells would be a better example, a decent championship striker but only 3 of his 7 seasons in champ have produced more than 10 goals and he still went for over 5 mil at 29. 

also iv looked and im yet to find any players with 10+ goals a season going for less than 1.8 million in recent years. Your argument that we wouldnt  get our money back or improve the fee seems to have no evidence that i can find.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Given he's presumably planned as a direct replacement for Assombalonga, yes it does.

No it doesn't.  Any new striker we sign isn't going to be Assombalonga.  I'm asking what the upside is with signing this particular player and so far you can't seem to provide any.  I wasn't even asking you anyway, I was asking Jamie as he said there would be plenty of upside with this signing even if we didn't get promoted.  I'm just trying to understand what it is?

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)