oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

I don't know, I'm just messing with you but probably everything.  I doubt you're even Jewish.

Now you're being offensive.

For a fact check, I'm pretty sure I was the first person to announce the Gestede news... shhh

Just now, TheJew said:

Now you're being offensive.

For a fact check, I'm pretty sure I was the first person to announce the Gestede news... shhh

Which Gestede news?

Edit -  to be fair I was being silly rather than offensive.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Which Gestede news?

Edit -  to be fair I was being silly rather than offensive.

That he had left. Despite people on here saying he was at training.

Best to leave religion out of it then?!

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

That he had left. Despite people on here saying he was at training.

Best to leave religion out of it then?!

You're literally called "TheJew", but religion is off topic?

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

You're literally called "TheJew", but religion is off topic?

Only when questioned on if I am or not.

E.g. if I was called TheChristian, or dare I say it TheMuslim, would it be the same question?

A little off topic too, I'd suggest.

4 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Only when questioned on if I am or not.

E.g. if I was called TheChristian, or dare I say it TheMuslim, would it be the same question?

A little off topic too, I'd suggest.

Would I have made a joke about you not being it after saying that you're making everything up?  You're damn right I would!  That's an obvious joke to make, to me at least.  But then I'm a lot bored and a bit of a ***, or a bit bored and a lot of a ***, so whatever.

Regarding Gestede, I don't remember you breaking that news.  I demand evidence.

Its probably best to avoid Players with baggage like Jones and Maddison but I would be very tempted to speak to Maddison even if only out of curiosity. Maybe invite him to train for a few weeks and see if his head is in the right place and at 26 perhaps now willing to knuckle down. Warnock would be ideal for getting him back on track and reviving his career. If he can become focused he could be another Tomlin (I think he has the potential to be even better) for us, ultimately its up to the lad himself. As it stands he looks like a waste of talent but he could also provide the spark that we have been sorely missing at very low cost. 

Having gone from a big fish in a small pond to suddenly realising that life in the Championship is tough and that he needs to up his game in every respect both on and off the pitch may actually be his saving grace. A harsh dose of reality is very often a good wake up call. He is currently training with a local non league side in Peterborough so an offer of a two week trial at Rockliffe wouldn't hurt anyone. If he can make the step up (ignoring the Humberside Car crash that was/is Hull City)  then he could make us a few million worst case and if he genuinely listens to Warnock and buckles down then it could become a fairytale win/win.

Just being a regular squad member and not the great "I am" with local Peterborough media fawning over him surrounded by a more professional (and even plusher Rockliffe environment) may give him a taste of what he is missing out on and reignite a hunger and desire. My head says no but my heart says risk it and thats purely down to Warnock being in charge, if it was still Woodgate in the big seat it would be a case of not with a barge pole.

Agree that Warnock May get the best out of him, but I’m not sure Warnock is planning on staying forever. I would hope that if he only plans to be with us for a year, he wouldn’t leave us with the type of character that only he could manage. 

seems to me his remit is more to steady the ship and pass it on to a different manager in a good state. Just like Tony didn’t. 

Hopefully this lack of clubs throwing money at him will give him a wake up call and that his agent is honest enough with him to tell him straight why.

Football managers and people talk and attitude is even more of a factor in player assessment given the multi-million contracts and commitments clubs are having to make.

BUT personally if we want to take the gamble I may be inclined to offer him a 1 or 2yr deal with a couple of years options.

Theres still no guarantee he’s able to make the step up to Champ level. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)