oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

Its funny though that its ok to pull apart a player that we were interested in but not to suggest an alternative in the current climate. Theres hardly a conveyor belt of players available. This isnt a dig at anyone btw.

Oh mine wasn't intended as a dig either, I have just realised often players I'd thought would be ideal have turned out terrible for us and vice versa.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

You joke, but he's better than Moore and I actually would have him back.

Get him to cut out the diving and he fits the bill.

Was wondering when he would get a mention but isn’t he the definition of a warnock striker. Last time he was here he got pelters despite being unfit and lacking support. Think he is a far better player than any of those mentioned so far. 

6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

When I played, I was a right fullback and later a keeper 🖤

I played Goalkeeper myself when I was in the RN ending up as keeper for 6th Frigate squadron 

If we're looking for a 3rd striker does that suggest we'd be looking at continuing with 2 uptop, so we'd possibly be continuing with a 3-5-2? Even though Warnock's preferred formation only features 1 striker? Fletcher is versatile enough to play off the left in a 4-3-3 but neither him nor Britt have been particularly successful as a lone striker. Our current squad is set up to play a 3-5-2 and we'd need some pretty good wingers and fullbacks in to change that.

1 hour ago, TAPOUT said:

Hes 31 as well. 

Means we're less likely to be hanging on to them in a post-Warnock era where these players might be useless, I don't mind that. I'd rather we signed a bunch of experienced players on short term contracts right now to cover for squad depth, at least give the next manager some freedom to operate without being stuck trying to get rid of half of them next season.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hugill, Maddison, Gibson/Goode, and then find a left back and another wide player and job done.

Still need 2 more wide players and a number 10 for me on top of that.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)