Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I wonder if he's gonna have the same effect in a brand new dressing room as he does here. One last challenge for him though, you'd suspect. I've no doubt he feels he's got enough to offer another season or 2 at this level.

I would hope so. I can imagine George is quite well respected in the professional game especially in championship circles. Also he would be able to warn/help the lads out as what to expect with Aitor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how someone has turned today into a ‘good day’ due to the fact we lost out on all of our *** targets haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Jeremie Bela is quality for them

Villalba is outrageous albeit a little lightweight but had our midfield on strings in the game last season

They're signing Ivan Sanchez on a free apparently 

Them 3 behind Juke are for sure better than Marvin Johnson, Marcus Browne and Tav like 

They all have average at best records

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still plenty of time to get business done but I’m just worried that we don’t seem to be getting any closer to addressing the main problem in the team - goals. It’s been our biggest problem for years we hear that the club is looking to address the problem then when the window shuts we still haven’t addressed the issue. Every bloody season. 

Looking forward to hearing what the clubs excuses are going to be this time around.

It’s a shame because I strongly believe with Neil Warnock we have our best shot of promotion or at least a top six finish. We’ve got to sign the players he wants otherwise it might just be the final straw.

*Tries to keep calm*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although George has struggled the last couple of seasons, I think this is a blow for Warnock and Boro. Trying not to panic but we  need players in and quickly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

Although George has struggled the last couple of seasons, I think this is a blow for Warnock and Boro. Trying not to panic but we  need players in and quickly. 

Definitely, he said George was like his Boro Bamba. Nobody else in the team would command such respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

The worry is we need so many bodies in! To me, a minimum of 7/8. That will take some doing

Totally if this club has ambition to be challenging for the playoffs need atleast 6 players in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Still plenty of time to get business done but I’m just worried that we don’t seem to be getting any closer to addressing the main problem in the team - goals. It’s been our biggest problem for years we hear that the club is looking to address the problem then when the window shuts we still haven’t addressed the issue. Every bloody season. 

Looking forward to hearing what the clubs excuses are going to be this time around.

It’s a shame because I strongly believe with Neil Warnock we have our best shot of promotion or at least a top six finish. We’ve got to sign the players he wants otherwise it might just be the final straw.

*Tries to keep calm*

You definitely didn't keep calm there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

If Friend leaves, Meijas and Fry are the only survivors of the promotion squad.

I reckon Mejias doesn't count. And Fry barely played. Friend feels like the last link to that era. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, velocitractor said:

I reckon Mejias doesn't count. And Fry barely played. Friend feels like the last link to that era. 

Leo! All is okay.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...